ULTIMATE SUSPENSION

Re: ULTIMATE SUSPENSION

Postby daryn on Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:03 pm

topics merged
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby Red Baron on Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:04 pm

I was a bit worried the other day Brendan; my rear suspension was squeaking! I thought that I've only had the Ultimate fitted about 6 months, so how could it be? Anyway after jacking the back of the car up and doing a visual check of the bushes I noticed that one of the U-shaped spring keepers was rubbing on the spring pack while all the others had a small gap. Bent the keeper out slightly and voila! No more squeaking!
Cheers Chris.
2008 MY09 Silver GLX-R DiD 4x4 DC with Super Select.
Red Baron

Re: Thank you Ultimate Suspenion

Postby al coholic on Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:56 pm

bikeman wrote:the ride was terrible, way too soft, and the damping was almost non-existant. How can such a big manufacturer get it so wrong. I only had about 200kg all up in the back, that was too much for it.................it would be so much easier if the likes of Mitsubishi put a quality kit in to start with. Anyway a huge thanks to Ultimate for helping me enjoy my new car.

95% of these vehicles will live on the black top and never carry a load..........simply catering for the majority ;)

I believe all 4x4 manufactures should be offering an "off road pack" as an optional upgrade when ordering. You pay 5k more, they give decent 2"suspension lift, snorkel, front and rear bars and bigger rubber ;) It would sell itself :D

We can only live in hope :roll:
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby Greg Cairns on Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:12 pm

Can anyone tell me if i can get ultimate suspension in Cairns? And before you ask i have PM Brendan without response. I have also tried to google it for the Cairns area and still no luck. So i am hoping some here can help.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"If you desire peace prepare for war"
Greg Cairns

Postby fridgie on Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:45 pm

Yes you can, they will happily ship the system to either yourself or if pre-arranged to your installer. I don't believe they have a preferred installer up there (may be wrong) so you would either need to find someone reliable or if able to, install yourself.

Hope this helps ;)
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby fraz91 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:55 pm

How long ago did you PM him greg? We've been pretty snowed under with emails, pm's and phone calls after the Sydney 4WD show. We definitely ship to cairns, and as far as i know we don't have a recommended installer up there. I'll get onto him about it tomorrow at work for you, he should send a reply back pretty quickly that way :)

See the build up of my old Triton here.
fraz91

Postby ultimate on Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:04 pm

Hi Greg,

Sorry for missing your PM. I had a look but can't find it anywhere :oops: I have a bit of a problem here where if one of the other guys reads a message and doesn't reply, it takes it out of the system. I have missed a few because of this so will hopefully have a fix soon.

To answer your question; unfortunately we don't have a distributor or recommended installer in Cairns. We do have a lot of customers up there though who have had their local mechanics install the kits without a problem. We can supply our products direct to you or your mechanic and also have the option of pre-assembled struts to make the installation a lot safer and easier. If you don't have a mechanic you trust, some members have actually had their local Mitsu dealers do the installs for them. It all just depends on what they are like in your area.

Maybe even someone from here can point you in the direction of a good mechanic ;)
The Team at
Australian Ultimate Suspension Pty. Ltd
Phone: +612 9618 7674
http://www.ultimatesuspension.com.au YouTube Facebook
Designers, Manufacturers and Installers of performance aftermarket suspension for Cars, Trucks and 4wds
ultimate

Postby Greg Cairns on Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:13 pm

Thanks for the reply and also the PM with pricing. I will try to find a mech but may install myself. How long would it take to get it delivered to Cairns.

Greg
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"If you desire peace prepare for war"
Greg Cairns

Postby slimjim on Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:27 pm

Well ive gone & done it, ordered my Ultimate Suspension today. So now the wait for it to arrive in (Adelaide), then the 600k's down to get fitted cant wait. All this reading of everybodies feedback, hope mine will be the same. :)
slimjim

Postby ultimate on Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:05 pm

Hi Greg,

You can fit the kits yourself if you have nobody else you trust. There is a good write up on here (http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=2307) and we can supply the struts pre-assembled to make the process a lot safer and easier (an additional $178 to the kit price). Here is a photo of the pre-assembled struts to give you an idea.

Click to view larger picture

As we build all of our kits custom we normally work off a three to four day lead time for manufacturing. Given the distance I would realistically allow for a 2 week delivery time from date of order.

Well ive gone & done it, ordered my Ultimate Suspension today. So now the wait for it to arrive in (Adelaide), then the 600k's down to get fitted cant wait. All this reading of everybodies feedback, hope mine will be the same. :)

Thanks for taking the leap of faith ;) :lol: I'm sure everything will go perfectly and we will not leave you stranded if something goes astray ;)
The Team at
Designers, Manufacturers and Installers of performance aftermarket suspension for Cars, Trucks and 4wds
ultimate

Postby tradieb on Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:04 pm

Greg, i can definately recommened Geoff at Cairns mechanical workshop on little Spence st (cnr Buchan st). He's a landcruiser man but always serviced my vx commodore and my brothers ss. Very professional, great pricing and all round nice guy.

P.S. Brendan, received my Sprint Booster in the mail today. Jesus, Mary and Joseph, you wont be seeing it back in your shop anytime soon! Outstanding..
Its nice to be important, BUT its important to be nice..
tradieb

ULTIMATE SUSPENSION

Postby motoz on Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:14 pm

slimjim wrote:Well ive gone & done it, ordered my Ultimate Suspension today. So now the wait for it to arrive in (Adelaide), then the 600k's down to get fitted cant wait. All this reading of everybodies feedback, hope mine will be the same. :)

Hey mate unless you've already got it sorted I can recommend someone to fit your kit.

;)
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Will it be a good show ???
motoz
Platinum Subscriber

Postby slimjim on Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:06 am

Cheers Motoz, got it covered for the 14th should all be good. :)
slimjim

Postby Daniil on Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:44 pm

hi all, how to buy these shocks and whether it is possible to delivery to Russia.
PS In the present post back a bottle of Russian vodka. :D
Daniil

Postby borngeek on Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:49 am

Daniil wrote:hi all, how to buy these shocks and whether it is possible to delivery to Russia.
PS In the present post back a bottle of Russian vodka. :D

I am sure Brendan will love a bottle of vodka! :lol: :lol:

Ultimate is a sponsor of this forum and exports suspension components worldwide ;)

Here are his details:

Brendan O'Keefe
ultimate
Phone: +612 9603 7677
http://www.ultimatesuspension.com.au
brendan@ultimatesuspension.com.au

//Bren which country have you not sent a suspension kit to??? :P :lol:
Don't be a tool, use this: FORUM DIRECTORY

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :lol:
borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby ultimate on Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:16 am

Thanks Geek. By the looks of the support, you are keen on sharing ;)

hi all, how to buy these shocks and whether it is possible to delivery to Russia.
PS In the present post back a bottle of Russian vodka.

I have sent you PM Daniil. We supply our products around the world including Russia. If you can please get back to me with your delivery address, I can work out the best freight price.
The Team at
ultimate

Postby Daniil on Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:51 pm

My address Russia, Samara city, street Tukhachevsky 222, Postal Code 443 013. what the price of these shocks and what are the modifications. Thank you in advance.
Daniil

Postby did3.2 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:51 pm

Got my ULTIMATE suspension fitted today :D 8-) :D WOW what a difference.
Just got home after the 300klm drive back from Ingleburn and the further I went and the worse the road got the better the Triton rode. ;)
Pot holes and bumps that used to rattle my teeth and the Triton went by nearly unnoticed 8-) :lol: .
Service was excellent with plenty of consultation and they obviously have an excellent knowledge base with their products as fitting was on time down to the minute that they told me it would be ready.
Thanks Brendan and the boys, a job well done. 8-)
Can't believe I waited so long to do it. :?
Family, Friends and Four Wheel Drives!
did3.2

ULTIMATE SUSPENSION

Postby dan.batto on Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:59 pm

Got my ultimate kit installed on weds last week, absolutely wrapped with it. Took it out for some wheeling on the w.e at eildon and went fantastic.

Before

After

Added the tailshaft spacer and braided brake lines at the same time. Still got the shudder problem but that has died down a little since I went wheeling.

Thanks to Brendan at ultimate for the kit and putting up with all my questions Etc.
dan.batto

Postby Sky Miner on Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:12 pm

My kit should be here by next weekend :) so gonna be a busy one, will be installing it myself so looking forward to it
Will post some before and after pics when done 8-)
Ever noticed if somebody is driving slower than you is an idiot,
and anyone going faster than you is also an idiot?
Sky Miner

Postby gauci204 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:12 pm

i just got my tailshaft back from metropolitan driveshafts at granville today after i had them re-tube the rear tailshaft section as it had a flat spot on it and it has rid my car of the damn vibration that has been killing me for the last couple of months since the lift.

last week i replaced the unis as i found the rear uni was stiff when i removed the shaft to place the spacer in, and that got rid of the low rpm wobble at take off, but gave me a high frequency vibration at high rpm.

with the new shaft tube and the spacer removed, i have no more wobble and no more vibration :D

anyone after a tailshaft spacer kit (ultimate job) has been on my car for a month or two, $90 posted.

one thing though, when fitting the shaft back to car today, the rear section seemed short by about 10mm and i had to pull it towards the diff a little in order to bolt it up. is that normal? or is it now a little too short due to the lift (which may be why the vibration in some cars?

cheers

chris
gauci204

Postby Thommo3337 on Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:59 pm

HellO lOking for lift kit and was wondering what would happen with the rebiudable shocks? I am in Melbourne would I have to wait a week to get them back? Or can rebuilt ones be sent asap or ahead of rime and money refunded etc on arrival of my old ones? Thanks
A Heroin Addiction Would Have Been Cheaper!!
Thommo3337

Postby ultimate on Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:48 am

Hi Thommo,

Thank you for your enquiry.

At the moment the rebuilding does have to be done in house so there is a slight delay on sending them up and getting the work done. We don't have an exchange program but are looking at setting one up. A lot of our customers have managed to work in a visit on there way through Sydney or just remove them and send them up. It's always a good idea to keep your original shocks so this is a lot easier and doesn't immobilise the vehicle.
The Team at
ultimate

Postby Thommo3337 on Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:12 pm

Thanks for the quick reply! The money I would save on the rebuildable shocks would then probably cost me more on the mechanic having to fit and refit the shocks plus the postage for four shocks would cost to freight. How long do you think it would take to rebuild and send? Thanks really like the product but am swaying towards efs for less money less Hastle etc. Would be great if you guys had another store in Melbourne.
A Heroin Addiction Would Have Been Cheaper!!
Thommo3337

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:03 pm

Thommo I'm not sure if you're across the whole re-buildable thing properly. I'd not want you to make your decisions without the complete picture - forums can be a bit dangerous that way sometimes, you can get part of the story but not always the whole thing unless you know where to read etc. From your warranty posts about the noisy springs it sounds like you must have the original suspension still. It's not the Mitsubishi shocks that Ultimate rebuilds - it's their own. So if you wanted an ultimate setup they'd send you all the gear (including pre-assembled front struts to save on install time and hassle on the front). Then if there was later some need to repair or re-valve or whatever that's when the rebuild comes in - at a time when other brands of shocks might get tossed instead. True you'd be off the road for that period while the re-build happens but at a guess the rebuild would be cheaper than the cost of replacement shocks, so you'd have to weigh that up when the time arrived. If you were lucky (assuming you eventually needed a rebuild) it might not be until after the exchange service that Brendan posted about is up and running.

I'm not across the warranty period off the top of my head but from memory it's pretty long.

If you're keen to go with the EFS then I recommend you have a look at some of the threads (there was a recent one with EFS in the thread title from memory - actually here's a link for you http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=10410) and see what others have to say about them.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

PreviousNext

Return to Suspension