Superlift Fault for would be Buyers

Superlift Fault for would be Buyers

Postby GLX-RSilver on Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:47 pm

Hey while continuing installing my superlift 3inch suspension kit i came across a fault for any future buyers of the kit.
Don't just install the kit and place the bump stops as they are you need to make spacers due to not enough CV joint travel.

Click to view larger picture

Photo is of fully lowered suspension the cv joint is stopping it to travel anymore and there isn't even 2mm compression on bump stop.
I suggest making a 10mm bump stop spacer to provide some compression.
Also i would suggest a gussett welded to where the bump stop mount on the control arm to reduce any chance of the bump breaking or bending on the control arm.

I also noticed that ML tritons have approx 160mm total suspension travel which isn't bad for IFS.
Photo is of suspension height approx. 80mm lift.

The kit would be better if the diff lowering brackets where a extra 10-15mm lower then in the kit.
Cheers
GLX-RSilver

Re: Superlift Fault for would be Buyers

Postby ratstriton on Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:13 pm

Hey peter
Apart from the bump stop issue would you recommend the kit, and how's the ute drying out.
ratstriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby GLX-RSilver on Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:22 pm

ratstriton wrote:Hey peter
Apart from the bump stop issue would you recommend the kit, and how's the ute drying out.

Hey there Tim the kit does look good just a few things it needs to improve it like the gussett to strengthen the bump stop mount. Also the crossmember supporting the diff could be a little stronger as the bash plates bolt to that.
Can't wait to finish it off to see how high i can get it.
My trucks drying out well near dry.
cheers and Happy New Year
GLX-RSilver

Postby Buzzy on Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:19 am

I think that should be fixed during manufature. Its not upto the installer to do it.
Maybe Monster can talk to his supplier and get them to do something about it.
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby MonsterTriton on Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:02 pm

hey guys,
sorry if there are any problems with the kit installation,
as menationed earlier, if you could supply a pic a slight specs on what you need i can acquire them :), and send it to you peter for the kit, and from that point on the piece will be included in the kit.
THERE IS A MONSTER IN ALL OF US
MonsterTriton

Postby GLX-RSilver on Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:35 pm

MonsterTriton wrote:hey guys,
sorry if there are any problems with the kit installation,
as menationed earlier, if you could supply a pic a slight specs on what you need i can acquire them :), and send it to you peter for the kit, and from that point on the piece will be included in the kit.

Hey there Monster you should know of the issues the kit may have as you have installed the same kit.
I have already brought new bushes for the lowering diff brackets from misubishi as trying to remove the factory ones to refit them in the new arms would of been a waste of time as they would off been damaged on removal.
All this thread is to help out other buyers of the kit to make sure they have all the required parts before doing the install.

if the diff was lowered another 10mm the CV joint angle would be reduced requiring only a lower bump stop spacer not both.
As i have a engineering back ground i can notice these faults and point them out, i would hate to promote a kit to other triton forum guys not reporting on possible faults or future problems.

I also want to make my triton as safe and reliable as it was from the factory.

I'm not knocking the kit at all i'm totally happy with it, just have a non bios view of problems with it.
After all it costs a lot of money and by then end of the installation it would have cost me another $200 in materials and parts to install it.

Please Monster Don't think i'm knocking you or or service which was both of a great standard and i would not have a problem dealing with you again.
Cheers
GLX-RSilver

Postby MonsterTriton on Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:25 pm

no problems,

installation in my truck took an hour.
I was there and there was no problems or difficulities,

though i am happy to find out that somehow installation differs and causes problems, and more importantly the Kit is not complete, as you will have to buy extra materials which wasnt the case for mine.
my sincear appologies.
can you please send me the pic of the trucks height difference?
i will get everything sorted.
THERE IS A MONSTER IN ALL OF US
MonsterTriton

Postby GLX-RSilver on Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:32 am

MonsterTriton wrote:no problems,

installation in my truck took an hour.
I was there and there was no problems or difficulities,

Hey there you must of had heaps of people working on it as it takes a lot longer then a hour for 1 person to do it and you need to get a wheel alignment done once fitted.
As you can see in the photos on the thread the suspension can't reach the bump stops due to not enough travel in the cv joints.
I tested it with the strut and coilspring removed and i also disconnected the swaybar so it had free movement.
As i stated in my last posting it requires diff lowering bushes,10mm upper bump stop spacers, 15mm lower bump stop spacers ( Or the diff lowering brackets slightly lower). In my opinion it should also have longer sway bar mounting links so there is less due stress on the swaybar.
Once i have completely installed the kit i plane to post the install photos in a different thread.
Cheers
GLX-RSilver

Postby GLX-RSilver on Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:07 pm

Here's a picture of the bump stop spacers for the kit i made them up today.
GLX-RSilver

Postby dadz on Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:09 pm

bro GLX-RSilver may i ask how long is your front shock? what brand do you use? :?:
because im thinking of using the same lift kit.
dadz

Postby GLX-RSilver on Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:54 pm

dadz wrote:bro GLX-RSilver may i ask how long is your front shock? what brand do you use? :?:
because im thinking of using the same lift kit.

Hey there i'm running bilstein struts just the standard triton ones.
Cheers
GLX-RSilver

Postby sam on Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:58 pm

Any more progress / news on the kit install as yet Silver :?: :?:
Been wondering if you got it sorted mate :?
sam

Postby GLX-RSilver on Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:11 pm

sam wrote:Any more progress / news on the kit install as yet Silver :?: :?:
Been wondering if you got it sorted mate :?

Hey there sam the kit is installed just having troubles to get the front coils to sag back to height before superlift so the front is still higher then it should be.
Have been thinking about making a new lower diff cross member to lower the front diff another 10mm so i would require a upper bump stop spacer.
Cheers
GLX-RSilver

Return to Suspension