New lift laws in NSW on hold

New lift laws in NSW on hold

Postby jop on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:36 pm

New rules are on hold

We've won!!!!!

Hi Everyopne,

Michael Daley has just released a press release ataing that following this morning's meeting he has agreed to put the proposed VSI50 rule changes on hold.

Michael Daley was present at a meeting this morning because he has been bombarded with so many letters and emails from all of you at 4WD Action via the website and forumand other upset 4WDers he felt the need to sort this out. Your efforts in writing and emailing in are directly responsible for this outcome. We have spoken and we have been heard!

Because Minister Daley was at the meeting he was able to be convinced that the VSI50 rules needed more thought and a working group including reps from the RTA, 4WD user groups and the AAAA, aftermarket industry will be set up to discuss any further changes aimed at increasing road safety.

This is fantastic news for 4Wders and it has happened because of the combined fight that we all put in to prevent this.

Great work everyone, this is a hugely successful outcome and while nothing has been decided re new regulations this is a massive step forward for us.

Congratulations everyone and this has proven the collective power we have when we all stand up together for what is right.

Thanks again,

We have won the battle but noit teh war. We must keep[ pressure on to prevent future reg changes but you've all done a massive job here and should be very proud.

Glenn

NSW MINISTER FOR ROADS
MICHAEL DALEY MP
NEWS RELEASE
MINISTER AGREES TO FURTHER CONSULTATION ON
CAR MODIFICATION LAWS
Wednesday 29 July 2009

Minister for Roads Michael Daley today met with representatives from the 4WD community and car industry who asked for the introduction of proposed vehicle modification rules to be delayed and for more time to consult.
Mr Daley said he agreed to put the rule changes on hold and that more consultation was needed following the meeting.
“I’ve listened to feedback from the industry and the community, and have agreed to set up a working party to look more closely at how we are going to address this road safety issue,” he said.

“All of those who attended today’s meeting agreed that safety is paramount and that unsafe modifications of vehicles do need be stamped out.
“The working group will include representatives from the NSW Centre for Road Safety, Four Wheel Drive NSW-ACT, Australian Automotive Aftermarket Association, the Australian 4WD Industry Council as well as other agencies and experts,” Mr Daley said.

Executive Director of Australian Automotive Aftermarket Association Stuart Charity said this was a terrific outcome.
“We’re passionate about road safety and we understand the intent of the regulation is to make the roads safer,” he said.
We’re looking forward to working towards a practical solution that meets road safety objectives while also taking industry views into account,” Mr Charity said.

Greg Redfern from Four Wheel Drive NSW-ACT also welcomed the outcome and said the working group would have their full support.
“We want to eliminate unsafe practices in the driving community and we’ll work with the government to make sure these new regulations meet those objectives without any adverse consequences for the motoring community at large,” he said.

“We all agree that there is no place for extreme and illegal modifications, but the clubs in our association follow a strict code of conduct and ethics, and we want to make sure they’re not punished,” Mr Redfern said.
jop

Re: New lift laws in NSW on hold

Postby daryn on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:37 pm

Sensibility prevails.

This is good to hear but it would also be good to see that the 4wd association addresses it with there members, because as we know the majority of hoons are not in the clubs but I can assure you that some 4wd clubs and members are not as innocent as they make out to be.

“..., but the clubs in our association follow a strict code of conduct and ethics, and we want to make sure they’re not punished,” Mr Redfern said.

Ego's exist in the clubs just like everywhere else, probably here on this forum too, as someone is always trying to go bigger and better.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby Storm Trooper on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:53 pm

8-) :P
i vote for a html version of the Gasa strip in between the 2 sites. then the goons who wanna get all parochial about their trucks can chuck rocks and shit at each other. by cyberhonky on Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:37 am
Storm Trooper

Postby Buzzy on Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:31 am

Heard this on the radio yesterday, good stuff.
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby snowman on Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:12 am

glenn is a bit optimistic on the 'We've won' front. the current legislation is repealed but not dead.

like all politicians know (i think it is lesson 'politics 101' at d1ck head school) you hit the people up hard with somehing first, they all have a spat and then you pull it back. next thing you know we think we have won but reality is the 'revised' topic is still one step closer to their goals....

remember the 3 cents for our roads - so they said look only for 3 years (in NSW) - well i think it has been about 20 years now........ :evil:
or petrol at $1.00/litre ( :o :o ) so send petrol to $1.50/litre then pull it back to $1.20 - oh that's cheap now....... (ok thats not politics but you get the idea of resetting peoples limits)

cars running around with 10inch lifts are stupid and should be left to the comp truck arena but as you read Qld testing has shown many cars with 3 inch lifts have better stability than some of those cars standard - and from what i hear from the other forum members - this probably includes the triton.

vent over. but yeah it is better news than last week.... :)
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

News Release on Suspension.

Postby Trilo on Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:22 pm

Here is the latest Press release about the new suspension laws. :)
http://www.4wdaction.com.au/take-action/REL%2029.pdf
Never argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
Trilo

Re: News Release on Suspension.

Postby boycee on Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:47 pm

Damn it you beat me to it.

Looks like good news for now. 8-)
www.4wdsupplies.com.au
boycee
Platinum Subscriber

Postby boycee on Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:48 pm

www.4wdsupplies.com.au
boycee
Platinum Subscriber

NSW mod rules on hold

Postby B dust on Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:53 pm

I was just looking on the 4WD Action site and found this article . thought it might be of interest to the NSW members.
[url][url]http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=74015

i dont know how to set links up.

Didnt see previous post on subject sorry.
B dust

Postby subi_man on Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:16 pm

I've merged the three separate threads
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby Trilo on Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:25 pm

Oops I was a day late with the news. :oops:
Trilo

Postby Skog07 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:55 am

Was sent this one via an email.
Andrew Stoner.. NSW. Member for Oxley.
Should throw this one back on top for debate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xckIbH3zRCk&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eexploroz%2Ecom%2FForum%2FTopic%2F72189%2FAndrew%5FStoner%5Fon%5Fthe%5Fproposed%5Fcar%5Fheight%5Frestrictions%2Easpx%3Fky%3D%26p%3D%252fForum%252fDefault%2Eas&feature=player_embedded#t=52
Its boring politician crap like usual but worth a watch

Cheers.
Skog
Skog07

Return to Suspension