Car Door Check Strap

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Car Door Check Strap

Postby YogiOz on Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:57 am

Well......

the other day the drivers side door was stuck open. After jiggling it a bit it closed OK and this has reoccurred a couple of times. Took it into the stealer (Comm Motors, Phillip ACT) to show them and was told that there was a known issue with the check straps. It is booked in next week for inspection/repair. It isn't broken yet - if it does break the drivers side window won't unwind all the way.

Watch this space ......

Note: Happy with the response so far. The foreman knew exactly what the possible issue was and has a plan.
Mick

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some people are like a Slinky; they aren't good for anything, but they make you smile when you push them down the stairs.
YogiOz

Re: Car Door Check Strap

Postby Choady on Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:12 pm

Interesting.........What should you use to lubricate the door hingey bits ? My drivers side is getting a little creaky. :roll:
Choady

Postby YogiOz on Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:26 am

They just lubed it a bit and some spray. Made no real difference...
Mick

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some people are like a Slinky; they aren't good for anything, but they make you smile when you push them down the stairs.
YogiOz

Postby Blue on Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:32 pm

Silicone spray quietened mine down a bit Choady...
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Postby YogiOz on Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:35 pm

Get the truck back this arvo - apparently fixed.

I asked about rust on the nudge bar mounts and the answer? The paint is chipped and rust has set in due to rock chips and so on. Apparently they had the warranty honcho have a look. To fix? 90 mins labour.....not under warranty! And yes I know there are other threads (old ones) dealing with the rust issue. I have posted this there as well.

Seriously - rock chips knocking off mount points?????? :? :? :? :?
Mick

YogiOz

Return to Warranty/Recalls