Best dealer service I have ever received!!!!

Discussion on servicing, engine oils, gearbox oils, diff oils etc

Re: Best dealer service I have ever received!!!!

Postby YogiOz on Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:57 am

Bad Kitty wrote:Just booked mine in for 30,000km with Commonwealth. Wallace recommended them after National capital proved they knew sh!t from clay when it came to a few issues. Will only get to use these guys once, but know exactly where I'm headed for the next service in Brissy.

Incidentally what's the SCV? :oops: sorry girl question. Appears a few of you are having them replaced? Should I mention this to my service guys next week?

I use the guys in Com Motors Phillip - they have always done good by me.
Mick

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some people are like a Slinky; they aren't good for anything, but they make you smile when you push them down the stairs.
YogiOz

Postby Bad Kitty on Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:30 am

Thanks CD, does that issue have anything to do with that suction issue we have when transferring out of 4H to 2H and that clunking that we've all been talking about?

I have already told them about the issues with super select and my truck and how it is more temperamental than my bosses wife :twisted: :roll: But I should let them know about that.

Good to know Yogi thanks :D Wallace swears by them too.

And CD - we actually had electricity connected here last week, so we may be able to get your parts more quickly via the train rather than donkey express now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bad Kitty

Postby Cowboy Dave on Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:01 am

No, nothing to do with the transfer case. It's more about regulating fuel pressure or something. If you have a look in chipit's area there's a thread that is specifically about the SCV and how it operates - on tapatalk now so no good for finding the link.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Quinny on Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:23 am

I have to put the missus Mazda 3 in for a service... I'm thinking of trying Eagers Mazda at Newstead - I'm hoping they may be a bit of friendly rivalry with Mitzi next door :)
Never argue with an idiot ... they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ...
Quinny
Platinum Subscriber

Postby YogiOz on Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:36 am

No worries

Bad Kitty wrote:Thanks CD, does that issue have anything to do with that suction issue we have when transferring out of 4H to 2H and that clunking that we've all been talking about?

I have already told them about the issues with super select and my truck and how it is more temperamental than my bosses wife :twisted: :roll: But I should let them know about that.

Good to know Yogi thanks :D Wallace swears by them too.

And CD - we actually had electricity connected here last week, so we may be able to get your parts more quickly via the train rather than donkey express now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mick

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some people are like a Slinky; they aren't good for anything, but they make you smile when you push them down the stairs.
YogiOz

Postby Custom Offroad on Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:13 am

Just had my 105k service completed by eagers at newstead. What can I say? Just brilliant! Car feels great they sorted out the rattling steering column which was only replaced earlier in the year. Very pleasing experience!

Thanks to lee and the team!

Mitch
Bash Plates and other cool gear from Prestige Offroad accessories......

viewforum.php?f=80
Custom Offroad

Postby brissyfella on Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:39 pm

Sorry for the late reply.

Had my Triton in for it's 45k service last week. I can also only recommend the guys at Eagers in Newstead also. Friendly service from the minute I drove in there. My ute was running awful when it when in and came out like a new car again. Had a couple of things replaced under warranty. Intake was choked up with carbon.....and a couple of other things all fixed and is running so nice and actually has power again.

Thanks guys, it is nice to find a dealer so highly recommended and lived up to that recommendation. See you for the 60k service when it's due.
brissyfella

Postby kwyjibo on Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:30 am

Long overdue but i have also had my truck serviced by Lee at Eagers recently...

It had been almost 40 000km since the last major service (not including fluid change) and i had spoken to lee previously so now it was time to book in the long awaited and overdue service... this was the 120k service, (EVERYTHING needed to be done)

It took 2 full days but a hell of alot of work was done, i was told that at some points there were 3 mechanics on the car at once :lol: :roll:

So just wanted to share the awesome service i experienced, plus with the hire car pre organised without asking and everything... phone calls to update me on things being done (ended up having the entire radiator and air con grills pulled out to be cleaned of mud and grime, another carbon clean in addition to many other things that were needed that weren't usually included in a normal service... like a brand new heavy duty clutch :twisted:) fantastic value for all the work and labour that was done, seriously impressed 8-)

Can't highly reccommend enough that if you're in the area then you should send your car over to lee to get it really taken care of, whether its a triton or not :D

Geez i should charge him for this sort of rep!! never experienced such friendliness from a dealer... can't get over it :oops:
kwyjibo

Postby Bad Kitty on Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:31 am

Lee might as well ad mine to his list!!

My service the other day was nothing like this! Had to ask for hire car, told them all about the super select issues, the wind up and bang problems, popping out if 1st low when needed and other minor issues. Was told they didn't have any issues with the select, they even took it somewhere to 'test' it! Um what?!? :evil: did that without a phone call!!! And to top it off, they've broken in half my number plate, didn't tell me about that either only found out when I got home... So if I'm pulled over by the cops I'll be fined and asked to replace! With only a week left here? Not likely!
Honestly I don't feel the difference at all, maybe a minute difference in the spool delay :roll: but that's it.
Soo that's what $600 will buy you these days?? Should have waited until I started with Shell (get the novation thing happening again) and booked it into Lee then I would have been :D :D :D
Bad Kitty

Postby CDT015 on Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:19 am

And yet another convert.
Thanks to Lee and the guys/gals at Eagers.
They even washed the dirty ol' girl.
Well worth the drive over the river for such a friendly, honest service.
cdtcars ©2009 5 Star Distilling
CDT015

Re: Re: Best dealer service I have ever received!!!!

Postby fridgie on Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:44 pm

CDT015 wrote:And yet another convert.

He's never washed mine..... :oops: but then again.....she ain't been real clean a few times now :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby coxy47 on Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:21 pm

CDT015 wrote:And yet another convert.

I feel a little left out now. My triton was in there Monday and it still has half of the glasshouse mountains in it :lol:

But on serious note i was once again more then impressed with the service and would not take my car anywhere else.
coxy47

Postby CDT015 on Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:15 pm

Turns out I have known Lee for some time, I had an 04 STI for 3 years and Lee was the service guy that looked after me back then.
Maybe he had a guilty conscience for charging the stupid prices that Subi charge for a service :lol: :lol:
You think a Tri service is dear :roll:
cdtcars ©2009 5 Star Distilling
CDT015

Postby Froggy on Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:01 pm

Well, it has come my time to join the throngs of tritoneers singing Eagers Newsteads praise as my ML was due for it's 120,000 service.

Not only Lee, but the whole team are awesome! Very easy to talk to and looked into all the faults i mentioned. 8-)

Turned our most of it was normal opperation. Made me feel a bit dumb, but it's my first diesel so i wasn't sure if it was right and being so close to being out of warranty I needed to make sure it was all fine.
On the other hand, the rattly engine which i assumed was normal is actually a faulty timing chain tensioner! :oops:

Thanks again Lee - made the day on the evil north side of Brisbane a lot easier. :twisted:

I Don't think I'll walk from Newstead to Westfield Chermside next time though - my feet hurt! :oops:
Froggy

Postby coxy47 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:24 pm

froggymicb wrote:I Don't think I'll walk from Newstead to Westfield Chermside next time though - my feet hurt! :oops:

Thats one hell of a walk. :shock:
coxy47

Postby Froggy on Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:36 pm

Yeah. About 2 hours... :o
Froggy

Postby Hymie on Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:12 pm

I can't wait til my 60K comes around so I can experience the Lee-thal difference.... lol
People say that your dreams are the only things that save ya
Hymie
Platinum Subscriber

Postby GadgetMN on Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:32 pm

Wow...

I must say, I don't know whether it's because I'm one of those 'don't mess with that customer' kind of guys, but Nat Cap in Canberra have been pretty good to me with after market care and service so far.

Although, I do head up to Brissie to see family, and getting married up there in May next year, so may need to book mine in for a service... just because!!
GadgetMN

Postby Mikew on Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:34 pm

Took the beast in to Preston Motors Dandenong today to get the seat back cushion replaced under warranty.
When I picked it up tonight was told that they also replaced the seat side trim as it was broken (by me) and they cleaned the battery terminals as the was a bit of corrosion around them not a problem.
Fixing stuff I didn't ask for thats good service.
There's more ways to kill a cat other than shoving strawberries up its arse
Mikew

Postby tukadafoonday on Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:45 pm

After a pre delivery where the dealer could not even install the hard top without screwing it up I have not been confident in taking the triton for any of it's services! Instead I have used the mechanic who we use for all our work vehicles who I now trust quite a lot. Unfortunately when he carried out the service on the weekend he had updated his scan tool and it no longer allowed him to reset the fuel trims!!! Anyways I have booked it in at Queanbeyan Mitsubishi on Thursday to have the computer flashed, the fuel trims set and when it's in there they are going to look at my squeaky leafs for me... I also forgot to mention to them there is a little bit of carbon on the outside of the turbo which does not look right...

I seen one of their mechanics out side and he looked to be an older old school mechanic - so here's hoping for good service because for some reason I just don't trust all the young punks after my botched hard top.
tukadafoonday

Postby tezza08 on Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:54 pm

well what can i say, Lee-thal and the team at Eagers Newstead have my services from now on :D very easy to deal with and they know what thay are talking about, told them what the car was doing and i got it back with new manifolds (top and bottom) valves done, wheels roatated and balanced and a service :mrgreen:
Thanks Lee for fitting me in and on a day when you were under staffed ;) its the best the ute has ever run so smooth and quiet ;)

Cheers
Growing old is mandatory, Growing up is optional! :twisted:
tezza08

Postby fridgie on Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:08 pm

tezza08 wrote:well what can i say, Lee-thal and the team at Eagers Newstead have my services from now on :D very easy to deal with and they know what thay are talking about, told them what the car was doing and i got it back with new manifolds (top and bottom) valves done, wheels roatated and balanced and a service :mrgreen:
Thanks Lee for fitting me in and on a day when you were under staffed ;) its the best the ute has ever run so smooth and quiet ;)

Cheers

Strange that...another happy customer ;)

Gee I'm glad I live close enough to use these guys :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby Froggy on Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:26 pm

Was back again at our favorite service center again today.
I couldn't be more happy with the car i drove away with this afternoon! Engine runs so much quieter now that the Timing Chain Tensioner is actually working :shock:
I can rev it to 4 grand and it doesn't sound like it's about to spit things out from under the bonnet :twisted:

I can't help but wonder what another dealer would have done (it did go elsewhere for the manifolds making the same racket) when they heard the motor.
I just thought it was normal!!
Froggy

Postby coxy47 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:28 pm

Well just had my car in for its 75000km service at Brisbanes best Mitsubishi dealer along with a couple of warranty jobs.

Once again can't speak highly enough of Lee and the team at eagers. They booked my car in at reasonably short notice and organised a hire car. Couldn't be happier with the service.
coxy47

Postby andyj on Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:51 pm

Can not knock Cessnock at the moment....
Or as Speedy Gonzalez once said, it won't hurt, did it
andyj

PreviousNext

Return to Servicing