Daryn's Triton Mods

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Daryn's Triton Mods

Postby daryn on Sat May 22, 2010 6:57 pm

Step 1 done:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Daryn's Triton Mods

Postby daryn on Sat May 22, 2010 7:24 pm

Step 2:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Daryn's Triton Mods

Postby daryn on Sat May 22, 2010 9:28 pm

Finally:
daryn
Valued Contributor

Re: Daryn's Triton Mods

Postby boycee on Sat May 22, 2010 9:32 pm

Results?

Does it do good skids now?
www.4wdsupplies.com.au
boycee
Platinum Subscriber

Postby daryn on Sat May 22, 2010 10:44 pm

Test Drive completed, the roads are wet as so it has hard to tell, the sound is bloody awesome, initial impressions seem to be that it revs so much more quicker. More to come including economy figures.

Boycee, mine has always done wheelspins with the DPS chip in, I now want to know what Tune 5 does and whether it is suited to my setup now.

Install wise - WD40 is best friend, we struggled for a while on 2 particular nuts, mainly because of there stupid position, it wasnt until after about 40 minutes trying all combinations of sockets, extensions and ratchets that once we hit it with WD40 we could crack it, otherwise everything else is easy as, we did not have to remove the wheel but we did have to access the bottom nut from either side of the strut.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby Tony on Sat May 22, 2010 11:11 pm

Be good if you can get the fuel back close to 9lts/100. My MN does it on 32's and can do skids in second :twisted:
Yours should spool up quicker for sure. Any turboed vehicle I've had in the past have always responded well to a free flowing exhaust. And, the turbo whistle when you nail it usually turns a few heads :lol:
Tony
Platinum Subscriber

Postby sam on Sun May 23, 2010 5:01 pm

So now you've had it on for a bit what's the verdict daryn :?:

Would you say worthwhile or a must do and any more re power/torque and overall drive feel. :? :?:
sam

Daryn's Triton Mods

Postby daryn on Sun May 23, 2010 5:16 pm

No verdict for a while Sam as my dps chip map 4 is not designed for an exhaust as such, so I have to get that looked at and a new map loaded I dare say.

Neverless, so far, it seems to rev a lot easier/free'er, I need to hunt down the BMW M5 and the Navara again to compare once the new map is loaded up.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby Homer on Sun May 23, 2010 5:49 pm

Good on ya' mate, I'm loving your mods

I've got to come down and have a hoon with you sometime...second childhood and all :D
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby snowman on Sun May 23, 2010 6:31 pm

daryn wrote:I need to hunt down the BMW M5 and the Navara again to compare once the new map is loaded up.

...not competitive at all Daryn! :D :D :D :D
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby al coholic on Sun May 23, 2010 6:45 pm

I'll be interested to see how the economy goes :D its the only negative i have against my truck. :roll:

I thought you may have run into trouble with it when there were updates every half hour and then nothing until late :shock: All good though i'm guessing :lol: :D
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby daryn on Sun May 23, 2010 6:59 pm

Yeah AL, it was these two friggin nuts on the back of the Turbo which talk some cursing and time, stupid us as Amalinze pointed out to me was that we were sober :lol:

But it as you said, the truck is awesome except for.....fuel, cant win em all.

I am pretty sure Trouble will be on soon updating us too.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby trouble on Sun May 23, 2010 7:07 pm

My 3'' is nearly also installed I will see tomorrow when it's completed. (put back together) I can agree with daryn the two nuts that he mentioned are a nightmare to get undone however after 2 hours and a few beers I finally cracked them.
However when I attempted to get the original "dump pipe" out it would not budge, so I had to remove a number of parts from the top of the motor then when all else failed I HIT the F#$King thing with a hammer and bingo out she popped. :D
oops sorry for the hijack. Just thought I would share my expirence SO far. :oops:

Oh daryn it looks and sounds great BTW
I Love The Mods!
Ban everyone!
trouble

Postby Sloth on Mon May 24, 2010 8:24 am

Those 2 nuts, thankfully it seems you guys had a little trouble as well. I'll upload a photo tonight, snapped 2 ring spanners and twisted a 1/4" drive ratchet head clean off :evil:

Ended up 5 hours, a can of bolt-off and a can of loctite freeze spray through the wheel well. I was thinking it might have just been me
He who dies with the most toys wins!
Sloth

Postby trouble on Mon May 24, 2010 10:21 am

Thankfully I didnt bend or brake anything, apart from skin off my knuckles.

However all said and done the 3' is now in, it deffinantly makes a difference, it seems to spool faster and the revs drop a lot quicker, in regards to fuel economy I will let everyone know. I jsut filled up after I put the 3'' on, so 69lts in I will see hows far it goes. Probably will be two weeks as I wont be driving it :lol: ;) .
The pick up also seems to be better it actually squats the rear down and goes, roundabouts are really fun now though!!!
keep everyone updates as I go.
I Love The Mods!
Ban everyone!
trouble

Postby patto on Mon May 24, 2010 11:29 am

WHeel SPIN :?: :?: :?: I have to be hard on the brake and hard on the gas to get mine to chirp.... must be my D694s all the differnece. :lol:
I HATE THE GREENS!!!!!
patto

Daryn's Triton Mods

Postby daryn on Mon May 24, 2010 12:07 pm

That's great Trouble, I won't bother comparing economy with you but it seems you have the same first impression as I have which is good.

At 60 the motor is hardly ticking over idle revs, have no idea what it was before but I sm sure someone here will tell me.

Patto, it's the colour, red goes faster which means more power.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby ag9111 on Mon May 24, 2010 4:38 pm

daryn wrote:At 60 the motor is hardly ticking over idle revs, have no idea what it was before but I sm sure someone here will tell me.

Daryn
I'll be signing up for your physics lesson if you can change the revs at a set speed by changing the exhaust. :lol:
Send Einstein back to the drawing board. Never did trust him. To much hair. :lol:
I love cats, but I couldn't eat a full one!

Mud is like unprotected sex
30 secs of fun for a lifetime of grief
ag9111
Platinum Subscriber

Postby sam on Mon May 24, 2010 5:04 pm

ag9111 wrote:
daryn wrote:At 60 the motor is hardly ticking over idle revs, have no idea what it was before but I sm sure someone here will tell me.

Daryn
I'll be signing up for your physics lesson if you can change the revs at a set speed by changing the exhaust. :lol:
Send Einstein back to the drawing board. Never did trust him. To much hair. :lol:

I was thinking the same thing then thought maybe just maybe the torque convertor is locking
up alot earlier/ easier :? :? :? :?:
sam

Postby daryn on Mon May 24, 2010 5:33 pm

sam wrote:
ag9111 wrote:

Daryn

I was thinking the same thing then thought maybe just maybe the torque convertor is locking
up alot earlier/ easier :? :? :? :?:

It must be a feeling that the motor is now giving, same revs but maybe less effort from the motor, it just seems very relaxed sitting on any speed, real or weird, I dont know but that is how I explain it. Whichever way it is, it is good.

Today I have been driving so cautiously to see how the fuel figures are, will post up soon.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby al coholic on Mon May 24, 2010 6:32 pm

Is that Daryn the hoon cautiously or grandma daisy cautiously???? Just wondering :twisted: :D
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby trouble on Tue May 25, 2010 8:22 am

[quote
up alot earlier/ easier :? :? :? :?:[/quote]

It must be a feeling that the motor is now giving, same revs but maybe less effort from the motor, it just seems very relaxed sitting on any speed, real or weird, I dont know but that is how I explain it. Whichever way it is, it is good.

Today I have been driving so cautiously to see how the fuel figures are, will post up soon.[/quote]

daryn I agree the motor just seems to be doing it easier or relaxed as you say :? :? dont know why but I love it all the same! oh so does the missus :o , now thats a winner alone! ;)
I Love The Mods!
Ban everyone!
trouble

Postby salt36 on Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:06 pm

[quote="daryn"]ARB Rear bar got picked up from the spray painters today, exciting, it looks unreal with the metallic red finish.
quote]

Daryn do you find the rear bar gets stone chips from painting as against powdercoating ?

And for that matter your bullbar ?

I am wondering which way to go for mine... :?:
salt36
Valued Contributor

Postby daryn on Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:15 pm

Hey salt,

I have zero stone chips on either, what I do have is scuff marks on the rear bar as the kids don't always stick to the plate, not sure if powder coating would be any better in that case.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby salt36 on Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:26 pm

Ok thats good then,

Wife has decided the black bullbar would look 'cheap' :roll:

It must be the same colour as the wheel arches......

Who am i to argue :lol: :lol:
salt36
Valued Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Member Build Ups