Finally got my Triton

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Finally got my Triton

Postby waveriders on Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:55 pm

Well after several years of driving Patrols it was time to downsize to something smaller. So I took the plunge back in May after a lot of research and ordered a Triton with factory rear diff lock, shame they don't to a front as well. Anyway got permission to fit it out from day 1 so we gave the dealer a long list of extras and told him where to get it all fitted.

The list goes as follows - ARB bull bar with fog lights and Lightforce 240 Blitz driving lights, dual battery system with 2nd battery mounted in tray, snorkel, ARB front air locker with compressor mounted under the bonnett, 2" Dobinson suspension lift, Hayman reese towbar with anderson plug & electric brake controller, Hema gps, 120 lire fuel tank, mitsubishi bluetooth, warn winch relocated from the patrol, Rhino roof bars, GME UHF radio, tinted windows, tray liner, GLX-R hard top & sports bar because ARB had no stock and there was a 2 month wait and seats retrimmed in leather.

I then wnet to the tyre dealer and got 5 Mickey Thomson MTZ's fitted for a changeover of $580.

So I am now happy :D :D :D , went for a gentle run yesterday but will have to get out and give it a proper workout.

I almost forgot the most important part, it's white.

Pictures can be found in my shed here shed.php?view=1&id=745
waveriders

Re: Finally got my Triton

Postby daryn on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:07 pm

Wholly Geez, that was a mouth full Waveriders, all that at pick up. What did you forget,ummmm, dont know :)

Central Coast too, hopefully look forward to catching up in the Watagans with a few of us (Oink, Aussiewander, Buzzy) and we can all get together to test our your fully locked Triton for ya ;)

And you have joined the junior entry level white team too, I suppose you have to start somewhere :lol: .

Oh I know, Alex's EGR mod, its in dealers now I think :)
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby snowman on Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:39 pm

waveriders wrote:I then wnet to the tyre dealer and got 5 Mickey Thomson MTZ's fitted for a changeover of $580.

that just makes me cry.....i paid more than twice that 6 months ago. :cry: :cry: :cry:
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby subi_man on Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:34 am

That's how I should have specced mine from the word go!! Looks great waverider 8-)
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby Homer on Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:40 am

Looks the goods waverider. Be plenty of jealous guys on here with all that kit 8-)
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby waveriders on Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:06 pm

Figured it was easy to set it up from day 1. Did it that way with the last Patrol and it is much easier than doing a bit at a time, particularly when the Minister of Everything and she whom I must not be caught disobeying says "yes, go ahead and do it" 8-) 8-)

Daryn, happy to have a Wtagans day anytime, and yes I thought about red but delivery was sometime in September, it was bad enough waiting three months.
waveriders

Postby Aussiewander on Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:34 pm

Nice truck, i seen it being put together a recrational car accessorys when mine was in getting the front tough dog coil springs taken out and replaced with dobins front springs heaps better
Aussiewander

Postby waveriders on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:08 pm

OK have done a bit more.

Have added seat spacers, thanks DiD3.2, makes a big difference. Took about 10 - 15 minutes to fit.
Click to view larger picture

Added some ARN tie down points in the tub, some on the floor and one either side

Also a space case with the dual battery inside with plenty of room for all my recovery gear

Also some close ups of the custom lid, there are a few alterations needed & I'm going back to see them this week.
waveriders

Postby daryn on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:19 pm

Looks awesome, cant wait to see it and splash some mud on that oh so clean white paint :)
daryn
Valued Contributor

Return to Member Build Ups