The Cattle Truck

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: The Cattle Truck

Postby al coholic on Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:06 pm

helicoptercow wrote:and tonight, snorkel install 8-)

and tomorrow...........new guard from the wreckers :twisted: :lol: :lol:

Nah, good luck with it all...........I have total faith in your ability :? :lol:
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby har05l on Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:20 pm

Looks good cow ;) and I see you decided to give it a wash after the fitment :lol:

I did notice the bottom bolt mounts may be susceptible to damage though if the chassis is dragged over anything as opposed to a flat wrap around mount and bolted only at the top :? , does this worry you :?:

helicoptercow wrote:Click to view larger picture
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby helicoptercow on Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:23 pm

al coholic wrote:
helicoptercow wrote:and tonight, snorkel install 8-)

and tomorrow...........new guard from the wreckers :twisted: :lol: :lol:

Nah, good luck with it all...........I have total faith in your ability :? :lol:

NO new guard... and still no faith :lol:

I had a professional install it and it came up the goods :D another successful ironman install... and the induction niose mmmmmmmmm 8-) makes me want to put a snorkel on the lancer :lol:

"it's so much easier to apologise rather than ask for permission" - gutters

The Cattle Truck

"Wool-Wheat" = Cotton. Warm like wool, but grows like wheat

helicoptercow
Platinum Subscriber

Postby chaser on Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:28 pm

old bush skinz hey, i service this guys shorty pajero lol. really good bloke and top products, sliders look good dave
No longer a Mitsubishi technician, just a plain old boring mechanic with Mitsubishi training...

2005 Toyota Prado gxl, Lifted, Bar, Lights, Tyres etc etc...

Triton still on the waiting list.....
chaser

Postby helicoptercow on Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:34 pm

har05l wrote:Looks good cow ;) and I see you decided to give it a wash after the fitment :lol:

I did notice the bottom bolt mounts may be susceptible to damage though if the chassis is dragged over anything as opposed to a flat wrap around mount and bolted only at the top :? , does this worry you :?:

helicoptercow wrote:Click to view larger picture

Yea i know they are below the rails, at first i wasn't a fan and thought i needed the flat wrap version, but after asking a number of people and looking through some old threads concluded it isn't a problem. at the front there is the gearbox support that is much lower to get snagged on first, in the middle there is the other cross member chassis support thingy and the rear ones i would expect the rear wheels to start lifting rear again clearing those. I would expect mine to be worked out in more ramp over situations then hard core mountain goating :lol: bolts are high tensile, the brackets are 6mm plate (possibly 8mm plate if he re does them to test the second iteration) so no i'm not really all that worried ken.

That avatar pic i have atm from the action mag shoot, i reckon what caught me on the crest wasn't so much my side steps, it was probably that middle cross member, the steps would have just kept cutting though cause they just folded under the pressure.

The Cattle Truck

helicoptercow
Platinum Subscriber

Postby helicoptercow on Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:35 pm

chaser wrote:old bush skinz hey, i service this guys shorty pajero lol. really good bloke and top products, sliders look good dave

thanks chase, and he is a top bloke, great to talk to and very helpful.

have to convince him to give us a watagons tour :lol:

The Cattle Truck

helicoptercow
Platinum Subscriber

Postby chaser on Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:58 pm

Yeh for sure dave he knows that area better than anyone i know. his paj is a very capable vehicle...
No longer a Mitsubishi technician, just a plain old boring mechanic with Mitsubishi training...

2005 Toyota Prado gxl, Lifted, Bar, Lights, Tyres etc etc...

Triton still on the waiting list.....
chaser

Postby helicoptercow on Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:21 am

yea he's got it kitted out nicely thats for sure. He says he hasn't been out there for a while now with work and family, but he said it was getting chopped up pretty bad these days from the larger vehicles. I loved the line 'when i was able to get out more, i'd allow myself 10k a year for repairs, and my pannel beater was having a slow month when he didn't see me' :lol:

The Cattle Truck

helicoptercow
Platinum Subscriber

Postby ag9111 on Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:25 am

helicoptercow wrote:yea he's got it kitted out nicely thats for sure. He says he hasn't been out there for a while now with work and family, but he said it was getting chopped up pretty bad these days from the larger vehicles. I loved the line 'when i was able to get out more, i'd allow myself 10k a year for repairs, and my pannel beater was having a slow month when he didn't see me' :lol:

:o Thats commitment
I love cats, but I couldn't eat a full one!

Mud is like unprotected sex
30 secs of fun for a lifetime of grief
ag9111
Platinum Subscriber

Postby helicoptercow on Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:42 am

saw kieron again last night and hes pretty keen to go for a drive on our next outing around newcastle.

Well today im in the big smoke waiting for my lift and brake upgrade to be fitted :)

The Cattle Truck

helicoptercow
Platinum Subscriber

Postby helicoptercow on Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:20 am

I know its out of order, but thought better late then never.

This is where i put my brake unit, down the passenger side of the centre console. Brilliant thing about digital pendulums like the Tekonsha Prodigy P3 brake controller, you can pretty much mount them anywhere.

Click to view larger picture

I have the uhf down the drivers side of the center console, that was where it was when i bought the ute and while its not a huge inconvenience, i find when its in use it can be uncomfortable and get quite warm/hot, especially if you want to use the foot rest and your leg or jeans are against it.

The Cattle Truck

helicoptercow
Platinum Subscriber

Postby helicoptercow on Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:26 am

and... the end result after visiting ultimate! :D

Visited ultimate yesterday, the boys down there looked after me and got me back on the road in a far more stable vehicle then i arrived in! also had the brakes upgraded to the dba 4x4 survival series rotors with bendix HD brake pads. I'm sure these are simply awesome, they are improving every use :D but the most noticeable improvement that is taking away from how good they are is the absence of the nose dive every time i use to brake under the old suspension. Simply amazing the change, wish it happened 20,000kms ago! I know have the confidence on round-about i had in my old tricked out lancer :lol:

before

after

thanks again to the guys at Ultimate Suspension and Brendan for all his assistance :D
Last edited by helicoptercow on Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Cattle Truck

helicoptercow
Platinum Subscriber

Postby ultimate on Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:55 am

Looks good mate ;)
The Team at
Australian Ultimate Suspension Pty. Ltd
Phone: +612 9618 7674
http://www.ultimatesuspension.com.au YouTube Facebook
Designers, Manufacturers and Installers of performance aftermarket suspension for Cars, Trucks and 4wds
ultimate

Postby borngeek on Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:48 am

Very nice chopper 8-)

Now go find a row of speed humps and go faster and faster till airborne, its part of the ultimate testing regime :lol: :lol:

//just don't tell Brendan as he staples it to your warranty card :P
Don't be a tool, use this: FORUM DIRECTORY

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :lol:
borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby helicoptercow on Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:15 am

borngeek wrote:Now go find a row of speed humps and go faster and faster till airborne, its part of the ultimate testing regime :lol: :lol:

//just don't tell Brendan as he staples it to your warranty card :P

whats that, i need to go through maccas drive through half a dozen times? :lol:

The Cattle Truck

helicoptercow
Platinum Subscriber

Postby ultimate on Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:46 am

whats that, i need to go through maccas drive through half a dozen times? :lol:

It won't look right......You don't have a civic :lol:
The Team at
Designers, Manufacturers and Installers of performance aftermarket suspension for Cars, Trucks and 4wds
ultimate

Postby helicoptercow on Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:12 pm

you saying you did a dud job on my rig brendan? :lol: You told me it came up well... :lol:

i kinda forgot to think about the little lady in the whole process... poor thing really needs to use the step now and literally slides out :lol: don't have the heart to tell her how high the tailgate will be now to lift things up to ...

but i love her... the car that is.. and the misses :lol:

The Cattle Truck

helicoptercow
Platinum Subscriber

Postby har05l on Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:27 pm

Looks awesome dave ;) 8-) , can't wait to one day wear the ride height of a mature triton :lol: :lol:

Now you need to update the tyres to a more aggresive biter series and you'll be all done :twisted:
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby helicoptercow on Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:33 pm

thanks ken,

yea i need to fill that rear gaurd out some more 8-) have to play it quite for a while first and build the piggy bank up a little, dont think i'll go as crazy as kwiji though :shock: :lol:

The Cattle Truck

helicoptercow
Platinum Subscriber

Postby har05l on Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:36 pm

I know the drone hum you get off those tyres would put a standing horse to sleep though :lol:

But as an everyday tyre not to suitable, I used to run them everyday on the old runa but the stereo button got a fair bit of work in the up direction :lol:

Saving time again :roll:
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby helicoptercow on Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:42 pm

haha

i wonder if the misses would notice, she's already lost about 3 inches from the sliders + lift, whats another 0.5-1.5" from a tyre upsize :lol: wonder if she'd notice 8-)

The Cattle Truck

helicoptercow
Platinum Subscriber

Postby helicoptercow on Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:18 am

well i couldn't work out which Ironman snorkel install thread to put this pic in, so thought i'd just put it in my build thread so at least i know where to direct people if the questions comes up again.

the front 3 holes are fine, its just the rearward 5 that get out of shape a bit. Because you drill a 16mm hole for a 6mm bit and the top of the template is hard to get right, there's no wonder some people get away with a perfect install while others end up with extra speed holes :?

Last edited by helicoptercow on Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Cattle Truck

helicoptercow
Platinum Subscriber

Postby al coholic on Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:40 am

Truck is lookin sweet Dave. 8-) Well done ;)
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby ultimate on Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:46 am

you saying you did a dud job on my rig brendan? :lol: You told me it came up well... :lol:

i kinda forgot to think about the little lady in the whole process... poor thing really needs to use the step now and literally slides out :lol: don't have the heart to tell her how high the tailgate will be now to lift things up to ...

I wasn't knocking the truck mate. Just insinuating that maccas isn't the normal place for a Triton to hang out ;)

The vehicle did come up very well and it handles great. A big difference to before 8-) I'm sure your wife will appreciate it more when she's towing the horses. It's just a shame we forgot to slip a Sprint Booster in on her credit card ;) :lol:
The Team at
ultimate

Postby biggibbo on Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:35 pm

ultimate wrote:

I wasn't knocking the truck mate. Just insinuating that maccas isn't the normal place for a Triton to hang out ;)

The vehicle did come up very well and it handles great. A big difference to before 8-) I'm sure your wife will appreciate it more when she's towing the horses. It's just a shame we forgot to slip a Sprint Booster in on her credit card ;) :lol:

Mytriton hangs out at mavcas all day, every day.

Rigs lookin sweet Dave. I chucked my play tyres on today, and with the lift in, the back is now 6.5" higher than it was prior to visiting brendan. My towbar is so bloody high, my jockey wheel doesnt extend that far. Im happy with the lift, but geezus the OEM shocks and leaves were shot.
biggibbo

PreviousNext

Return to Member Build Ups