New GLX R

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

New GLX R

Postby Gfoss83 on Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:03 pm

Hi guys ive just joined the site, Im from Adelaide and just ordered my first Triton. I went for a white GLX R with tow bar and tub liner. Was really impressed with the power of the new diesel and cant wait to take delivery. Look forward to some good advice from all you fellow triton owners,

Cheers
Gfoss83

Re: New GLX R

Postby Blue on Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:06 pm

Welcome Gfoss - no qualifying period here, jump straight on in to the madness... :mrgreen:
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Mongo on Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:35 pm

Welcome mate and congratulations on your new wheels, :D I cant wait to hear all about these new HP 2.5s especially in the towing department, from what ive seen of them so far they look sweet 8-) Im lovn the bigger tub. If they rate well in the towing department we will almost certainly be upgrading to one from our 3.2 for our trip around Oz in 2012. What colour is She :?:
Jason.
Mongo

Postby Blue on Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:40 pm

Mongo wrote:What colour is She :?:
Jason.

Psssttt...in the first line... ;)
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Postby rick on Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:44 pm

another team white.................................... 8-)
i think im a lesbian trapped in a mans body!!!
rick

Postby Naff on Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:49 am

Most people overlook 'white' in a sentence Blue - it doesn't stand out like the rest of the colours. :o
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Blue on Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:10 am

NaffX214 wrote:Most people overlook 'white' in a sentence Blue - it doesn't stand out like the rest of the colours. :o

Boring things rarely stand out... :lol: 8-)
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Homer on Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:13 am

That's it I'M GOING INSTITUTIONAL!!!!
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Blue on Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:16 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Settle petal...
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Gfoss83 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:22 pm

If i could be bothered cleaning it every second day i would have gone black or gun metal but im a chippie and work on dusty sites so white or silver were the most practicle colours, plus white is not metalic so i saved $500 just with that. I think the flares are now colour coded so the white with dark windows and crome nudge bar, mirrors, handles and roll bar looks quite smart. each to there own though hey!!!!
Gfoss83

Postby al coholic on Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:05 pm

Welcome to the site Gfoss83, congrats on the purchase. How long do you have to wait for delivery?? There is a heap of info to sift through on here in the meantime. :D Cheers Ben
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby Gfoss83 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:56 pm

Yeah great site, ive already got a ton of ideas for the triton and i dont even have it yet. I ordered the car last week and they still havnt been able to tell we when delivery will be. Im in no big hurry though as i have to sell the old patrol in the mean time.
Gfoss83

Postby boycee on Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:30 pm

Welcome G,

Radelaide. 8-)
There are a heap of white tritons sitting out the back of southland mitsubishi atm. Just waiting to be punished. :lol:
www.4wdsupplies.com.au
boycee
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Gfoss83 on Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:43 pm

boycee wrote:Welcome G,

Radelaide. 8-)
There are a heap of white tritons sitting out the back of southland mitsubishi atm. Just waiting to be punished. :lol:

Thats good i ordered mine from there so hopefully it wont be too long. Did you see ant GLXR's there by any chance??
Gfoss83

Postby boycee on Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:35 pm

not sure about the glxr's but if you get the treatment i got you won't get it for a week or two after the date they give you :roll: and those weeks drag on like you wouldn't believe. :roll:
www.4wdsupplies.com.au
boycee
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Gfoss83 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:25 pm

Just got a phone call from the dealer, they said they have located and reserved one and should get it late december. Im not holding my breath though and wont be surprised if it comes next year
Gfoss83

Postby drover on Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:16 pm

G'day & welcome mate you done the right thing going white it's the only colour that is easy to keep clean just hit with the hose & clean the windows & she'll always look good. :D
drover

Postby sam on Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:12 pm

Gfoss83 wrote:Just got a phone call from the dealer, they said they have located and reserved one and should get it late december. Im not holding my breath though and wont be surprised if it comes next year

Gfoss if they are going to deliver it late december tell them you want them to hold it over till Jan so you get a Jan 2010 compliance plate . ;)
We did this on our last ML wich was an 06 but had an 07 compliance so we got slightly better trade in as it was classed as an 07 ;)
sam

Postby al coholic on Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:57 pm

sam wrote:
Gfoss83 wrote:Just got a phone call from the dealer, they said they have located and reserved one and should get it late december. Im not holding my breath though and wont be surprised if it comes next year

Gfoss if they are going to deliver it late december tell them you want them to hold it over till Jan so you get a Jan 2010 compliance plate . ;)
We did this on our last ML wich was an 06 but had an 07 compliance so we got slightly better trade in as it was classed as an 07 ;)

Thats a great idea if its a private purchase, but as a tradie i imagine he might be looking at getting the 50% investment allowance which means the ute has to be in use by the end of the year.
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby Gfoss83 on Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:10 pm

Thats a great idea if its a private purchase, but as a tradie i imagine he might be looking at getting the 50% investment allowance which means the ute has to be in use by the end of the year.[/quote]

Yeah your right i am after the 50% tax break. As long as the purchase order is done before december 31st its valid, doesnt matter if you dont take delivery before then. As for the 09/2010 compliance, if the triton is already on the boat like they told me wont it be an 09 build? or does the dealer stamp the cars themselves?
Gfoss83

Postby ag9111 on Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:57 pm

Compliance plates are fitted upon arrival in australia. At the docks now days
I love cats, but I couldn't eat a full one!

Mud is like unprotected sex
30 secs of fun for a lifetime of grief
ag9111
Platinum Subscriber

Postby al coholic on Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:50 pm

Gfoss83 wrote:
Al coholic wrote:Thats a great idea if its a private purchase, but as a tradie i imagine he might be looking at getting the 50% investment allowance which means the ute has to be in use by the end of the year.

Yeah your right i am after the 50% tax break. As long as the purchase order is done before december 31st its valid, doesnt matter if you dont take delivery before then.

Youre right mate, I went thru all the tax break information overload when i got my new ute for my business earlier this year (chippie aswell) and i knew there was a cutoff date that the purchase had to be in use by to still be eligible for the tax break. I just checked and it is december 31st 2010, not this year like i first thought, :oops: So even Mitsubishi should be able to deliver your ute before then :lol: :lol: Cheers Ben
al coholic

Postby Lark68 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:10 pm

Hi guys,
I too am waiting for delivery and have a choice... either go for the colour I want and wait til March, or get a different colour and expect delivery around Christmas. Quite a valid point about the compliance plate date so I might rethink and hold off until I get what I wanted in the first place. I've already placed the order so still get the tax break. Still... 3-4 months can seem like a long time when waiting for something.
Cheers,
David.
MN GLXR
Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.
Lark68

Postby tryhard on Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:03 am

al coholic wrote:Thats a great idea if its a private purchase, but as a tradie i imagine he might be looking at getting the 50% investment allowance which means the ute has to be in use by the end of the year.

Nah, you have to CONTRACT for the asset before end of 2009, but put the asset IN USE by the end of 2010, so you could hold off, but if that doesn't change the compliance date, not much use ? Must have changed, 'cos we did the same thing in 2004 with a Grand Vitara to get it '05 plated

PS oops sorry just saw someone already said that :p
---

MY10 MN GLX-R 2.5 DiD Auto gunmetal grey
tryhard

Return to Introductions