Triton in transit

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Triton in transit

Postby gippy on Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:03 pm

Hello,

Great site !! Been lurking, reading and absorbing tritonfo for the past 3 months ever since I've signed on the dotted line for an MN ironbark glxr. This will be my first Mitsubishi and Ute for that matter and looking forward to driving it. With all the hype and review for this vehicle I am bursting with anticipation. As a first time new car buyer, however, I am frustrated by the waitng and the spin I am getting regarding the delivery date.

Just today I am informed that I wont get delivery until April '10 and I signed up in 'Oct '09!!
This has to be the worst buying experience EVER! Any suggestion what can be done in my situation?
I have asked for order number and build number repeatedly, only to be told the stock lady is not available, computer down, sales person away sick, etc..
Well, anyway I needed to get that off my chest. Melbourne Mitsubishi on Elizabeth St, for those interested.
Thought the City dealership would have more available cars so faster delivery, hmmm....what a big mistake that was!!

Then again my dad use to say" Perfection takes time." But GOD Damn!!

Mitsubishi
"Where's that Car"
Gippy
gippy

Re: Triton in transit

Postby mjc85 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:10 pm

Hey Gippy, good choice on vehicle. I'm too waiting on a White Auto MN with diff lock and have been told February which is good considering I ordered on 31st December. And this was being made to order, so I wonder why you have been told April?

Mitch
White Auto MN Triton

Baysies Bash Plates
Rhino Lining
Coopers ST 245/70R17
Wet Seat Covers

First tank of diesel 502km from 60L = 11.95L/100km

Plenty of mods to come (how bad will the consumption get with barwork etc?) :\
mjc85

Postby jimmy on Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:15 pm

tell em unless they can guarantee a delivery date you will cancel your order or have it transferred to another stealer (transferring your order should retain your tax incentive). They only seem to understand one language
after Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF
jimmy

Postby al coholic on Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:12 pm

Welcome mate, shame you have had to wait so long for such a great vehicle :evil: Time to play hard ball with the wankers, tell them you want the ute by the end of next week or there is no deal, start talking about the relevant department of fair trading in your state and I would be getting in contact with Mitsubishi Australia Head Office and ring the customer service number to speak to someone about your problem. There is no way that would be regarded as acceptable. It definatly does not take 6 months to get a car, even one coming from the factory. Good luck with it all. :)
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby g_mac on Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:49 pm

When I was looking to purchase, I was originally told end of March (approx 2-3 months), then on Australia Day when I went to put a deposit on, they conveniently had one in my exact colour with a diff lock coming in Feb-28... they had the order number that day. However judging on everyone else's experiences, I'm just waiting for the phone call advising of the longer wait :roll:
2010 MN GLXR... I shall call her 'Tray-cey'

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
g_mac

Postby QueenslandeR on Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:09 pm

Nice choice in colour, that ironbark looks really good. Sucks about the delivery date though, i ordered mine 7th dec with the "guarantee" i'd have it by xmas.... got it on the 6th of JAN.. :( but seems to be alot quicker than a few blokes on here.
QueenslandeR

Postby Lark68 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:11 pm

For a timeframe, I placed my order Nov 10th. Still hadn't heard so I went to the dealer and was told it has come in (though it wasn't on site at the time). If the dealer had of let me know, I would have submitted the paperwork for the finance earlier as I was told it was due in March, now I'm waiting on paperwork to go through.
Canopy is still a couple of weeks away so I'll wait for that before taking delivery as the alarm needs to be wired into it. Once that's done, just have to chase up the guys at ARB for the Bull Bar and rear step.
I think people should start seeing their orders with diff locks starting to get delivered.
MN GLXR
Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.
Lark68

Postby VENTURI on Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:44 am

HI Gippy,

I know the Ironbark is not a common colour, but that delivery date is crap!

I ordered mine on 15th Dec & was told end of Feb Delivery.
Got the call last week & was told mine lands first few days of Mar & allow up to 14 days for delivery. :roll:

I think a lot of people get the dreaded extended delivery date call, but yours takes the cake.

Hope it's worth the wait.

Cheeers.
If it's burns Gas, I just might be able help you.

www.gasproducts.com.au
VENTURI

Postby gippy on Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:24 am

Hey Guys, thanks you all for the words of encouragement.
I have been talking to the Sales Manager at the branch and even he is now avaoiding my call.

Jimmy, cheers for the transfer suggestion. I would have cancelled in my rage and lost the 50% incentive. Will start following this up. But I am under the idea that if I move to another dealer, this will only mean extended waiting period.

The funny thing is I called the Customer Service at MMAL back in Jan when they missed the Jan '10 Date and the dealer called back with the Mid Feb '10 date, which they missed and and now with the April Date.

I think the only way to get out from between this rock and the hard place is unfortunately a GLXR MN ironbark Triton.

Gippy
gippy

Postby g_mac on Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:39 pm

Well I'm eating my words... just got a call from my dealer saying mine is now ready to be picked up this Monday afternoon now! :o A week BEFORE it was due!!

g_mac

Postby jimmy on Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:22 pm

rock n roll, look forward to seeing some pics, good luck mate
after Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF
jimmy

Postby g_mac on Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:00 pm

Well went in to pick it up this arve and the computer system was down... After making myself feel sick all day getting excited about it, I was absolutely gutted! Ah well, they're dropping it off to us tomorrow so that will have to do. Managed to get a quick snap of it on the way out... She's looking the goods! :)

g_mac

Postby steve tas on Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:25 pm

From my understanding, all the tritons are in a 'pool' and any dealer can get their hands on them. I was after my silver glx I had the choice of getting the same vehicle here in Tassie or from a dealer in Melbourne.

Threatening to transfer to another dealer should get their attention, especially if they are avoiding you!

Mits Oz would be a great contact point too as they seem to get the dealers off their bums.

But it maybe that the specs and colour are hard to get too...but nearly 6 months is ridiculous.
steve tas

Postby gippy on Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:20 pm

Update:

After a few phone calls to MMAL, Sales manager has confirm the April date.
Dealer informed me that it was their fault with the late delivery. *BAST@RDS* :twisted:

Must say the Sales manager was quiet honest with me and told me straight up what was wrong.
Still doesn't make it OK, that I have to wait 6-7 months for their mistake.
So will be sending an email to MMAL manager.

I am now finding myself oogling at every Triton that drives by.
The other driver can only think that I am about to car jack them, or that i am gay..
gippy

Postby drover on Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:37 pm

Makes you wonder how many sales MMAL loose to companies that run up 80 /100 K a year and call tenders for trade / sale @ 40K I don't think too many places would care to wait more than 6 weeks :!:
drover

Postby Homer on Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:40 pm

gippy wrote:Update: The other driver can only think that i am gay..

Sorry, I didn't realise you ordered a black one :P
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Return to Introductions