What Amps are required in a Dual Battert Systen

What Amps are required in a Dual Battert Systen

Postby gfm_69 on Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:21 pm

Are there any budding "sparkies" out there. I am considering buying a 'PROJECTA 150 AMP ELECTRONIC 4WD DUAL BATTERY KIT and my question is do I need the 150 amps or will a 100 AMP kit do? There can be up to $80 saving. All the system will do is run a Engal 40 lt fridge and charge a LED camping light.
Any help would be great.

Cheers
gfm_69

Re: What Amps are required in a Dual Battert Systen

Postby jacko on Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:59 pm

mate a 100amp kit will be fine as you will find that your alternator is only rated to about a max of 80 amp, im using a 100amp red arc isolator and it works a treat.
Jacko
jacko

Postby Blue on Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:58 pm

^^^What he said - 100Amp redarc here too and it manages my 100aH AGM's and the 110L Waeco just fine... Just make sure you go as big as practicable in wire size to maximise efficiency and reduce voltage drop...
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Postby subi_man on Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:11 pm

110L Waeco? I thought my 60l was big :o You must be a thirsty man, Blue :lol: :lol:
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby Blue on Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:31 pm

:lol: Nah mate, the missus loves her fresh salad stuff and fruit for the kids when we go away - in hind sight, I should have bought 2 x 50L but that's another story...
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Choady on Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:47 pm

Blue wrote::lol: Nah mate, the missus loves her fresh salad stuff and fruit for the kids when we go away - in hind sight, I should have bought 2 x 50L but that's another story...

Blue - Ive been debating whether to go one big one or two smaller ones. Whats your thoughts behind two ? Is it one fridge one freezer ? Ive seen the Waecos with a freezer/fridge component in the one unit -they come in 50L an 80L size, but I have no idea how well the freezing component works in them. Would hate to buy one and find out the kids ice blocks melt :cry:

In future I want to get a camper trailer (where I could put another fridge),so thats why Im tossing it all up. Im also not sure if mose camper trailers would fit a bigger size fridge in them to be able to slide out.
Choady

Return to Electrical