ULTIMATE SUSPENSION

Re: ULTIMATE SUSPENSTION

Postby Wallace on Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:12 pm

Hi guys, the Ultimate suspension front shocks go in on Wednesday morning. Have the camera packed and will post shots when I return from Sydney later on in the week......... :D :D
The loneless road is the one you walk alone
Support Beyondblue
You never know when you will need the help.
Wallace

Postby Wallace on Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:57 pm

Here are some shots of the new front shock ( the ultimate suspension )install completed this morning
Ist shot is before the install and sorry I have mixed things up a bit but you get the drift.

Click to view larger picture
Will post report later but so far very impressed with both Ken and the Ultimate shocks........... :D
And this is the final result. Only done 350klms since the install....................... ;)
Support Beyondblue
Wallace

Postby subi_man on Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:25 pm

Looking great mate - nice and high and level... 8-)
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby daryn on Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:58 pm

I agree, it does look really good Wallace, I also like how it seems to look level not nose dived. I know that some like to have the rear higher so that when it is loaded it then levels out, but for the majority of us does that really happen.

ps. that bloody "T" in suspenstion is annoying me.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby Buzzy on Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:14 am

Looking good wallace
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby ML-VR08 on Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:11 am

Wallace if you dont mind me asking, what did it set you back? As im looking at upgrading and getting rid of the coil spacer, but need to retain the 610mm front end!
ML-VR08

Postby Wallace on Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:01 pm

ML
At 610 you must be getting upper bump stop binding up on any extension of the spring and shock or have you removed the stop.I will work out the costings and send PM :D
Support Beyondblue
Wallace

Postby ML-VR08 on Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:47 pm

Bump stops have been trimmed slightly mate...but not alot
ML-VR08

Postby GLX-RSilver on Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:06 pm

Great photos wallace it looks good. Hey is that a spacer ring i see mounted on the strut below the spring seat.
Cheers
GLX-RSilver

Re: ULTIMATE SUSPENSION

Postby Wallace on Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:52 pm

Silver you are correct, I am able now to vary the height by using spacers under the bottom mount but in saying this I must admit that with IFS we are all limited to a reasonable lift without suffering front driveshaft excessive angles on extension..... a problem that you encountered in your superlift and which was duly rectified. BTW the upper control arm and the bump stop are also a problem when trying excessive lift which you already know...........the front of my Tri is sitting at 615mm from centre of hub to the wheel arch and I have cut down the bump stops on the top control arm, am installing 6mm ball joint spacers till I can get hold of new upper control arms. ;) Now in saying this some people are running spacers on the front shock and maintain they have no problems with the binding of the upper bump stop????? :?: :?: :?:
Last edited by Wallace on Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Support Beyondblue
Wallace

Postby Dave on Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:03 pm

Looks the goods, same shocks I run here... speaking of shocks, I will be over in NSW on Tuesday & Wednesday hopefully be catching up with Ken Tuesday night if all goes to plan.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Buzzy on Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:24 pm

Where you going to be Dave?
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby Dave on Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:12 pm

Buzzy wrote:Where you going to be Dave?

All over the place, all damn inflexible tight work schedules. Was meant to be just SA for Sun & Mon now Tues & Wed in NSW (Asquith and Cardiff) then Thurs in Brissy for the day then home late at night.. all work related :(
Dave
Site Admin

Postby GLX-RSilver on Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:30 am

Wallace wrote:Silver you are correct, I am able now to vary the height by using spacers under the bottom mount but in saying this I must admit that with IFS we are all limited to a reasonable lift without suffering front driveshaft excessive angles on extension..... a problem that you encountered in your superlift and which was duly rectified. BTW the upper control arm and the bump stop are also a problem when trying excessive lift which you already know...........the front of my Tri is sitting at 595mm from centre of hub to the wheel arch and I have cut down the bump stops on the top control arm, am installing 6mm ball joint spacers till I can get hold of new upper control arms. ;) Now in saying this some people are running spacers on the front shock and maintain they have no problems with the binding of the upper bump stop????? :?: :?: :?:

Hey i thought so as i made some for my ironman struts when i sold them to ratstriton. You should of let me know about the ball joint spacers as i also made some of them and have them laying around here not used which you could of got your hands on. yeah i know what you saying about stories about non binding bump stops strange hey??? :?:
GLX-RSilver

Postby Wallace on Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:30 pm

Dave wrote
I will be over in NSW on Tuesday & Wednesday hopefully be catching up with Ken Tuesday night if all goes to plan.

Dave if I had known that earlier I would have planned another trip to Sydney, Ken is a good bloke and definately knows his trade. He and his staff have been a real treat to deal with, nothing to much trouble and their knowledge is invaluable. Now we all have another option for excellant quality suspension components for our Tritons.

Wallace :D
Support Beyondblue
Wallace

Postby Wallace on Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:23 pm

This is the next stage for the upper control arms, have finished the prototype and now for the real things. This BTW is only a stopgap measure till new upper control arms are released.These will give increased upper bump stop clearance.
Support Beyondblue
Wallace

Postby Choady on Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:57 pm

Wallace wrote:This BTW is only a stopgap measure till new upper control arms are released.These will give increased upper bump stop clearance.

Who is releasing the new upper control arms ? Is Ken from Ultimate working on them ?
Choady

Postby Dave on Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:12 am

Wallace wrote:Dave if I had known that earlier I would have planned another trip to Sydney, Ken is a good bloke and definately knows his trade. He and his staff have been a real treat to deal with, nothing to much trouble and their knowledge is invaluable. Now we all have another option for excellant quality suspension components for our Tritons.

Wallace :D

Spewing, yeah I did manage getting down there to finally meet Ken, nice workshop setup he has down there. He definitely knows his stuff... and I absolutely love that suspension kit on his HIlux.. mmm...
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Choady on Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:33 pm

Dave - I got to see that Hilux too when I went down to chat to Ken. It looks awesome huh !

he said it cost $7000 to engineer, but now the non-recurring costs are out of the way it conly costs each person $600 (+ cost of suspension lift) to get it legal.

You should do it and post some pictures !!
Choady

Postby Dave on Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:57 pm

Choady wrote:Dave - I got to see that Hilux too when I went down to chat to Ken. It looks awesome huh !

he said it cost $7000 to engineer, but now the non-recurring costs are out of the way it conly costs each person $600 (+ cost of suspension lift) to get it legal.

You should do it and post some pictures !!

Kidding me right? Why didn't he tell me that! I might have to think about that for sure.... but I think the NSW engineering wouldn't cover my vehicle for here in WA?
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Buzzy on Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:20 am

Move to NSW :D
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby Dave on Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:29 am

Buzzy, if I ever move, it will have to be to QLD :)
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Buzzy on Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:53 am

Dave wrote:Buzzy, if I ever move, it will have to be to QLD :)

Yeh me to
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby daryn on Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:14 pm

Dave wrote:Buzzy, if I ever move, it will have to be to QLD :)

No way, you don't get cyclones in NSW.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby Choady on Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:43 pm

How bout we all move to QLD and get ken to move there too :twisted:
Choady

PreviousNext

Return to Suspension