New here and waiting

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

New here and waiting

Postby cantdrive on Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:34 pm

Hi guys, been stalking the site for bit over a month now getting ideas and checking out prices and reading feedback from new MN owners. Ended up ordering a white MN GLX-R auto 2.5d with hard cover and tub liner. ordered it bout the 23rd oct. been told car is built and should be here by mid december. seems everyone has been told the same delivery time, maybe dealer conspiracy? The only problem I have with forums like this is I'll end up wishing my wallet was fatter because of all the ideas and upgrades everyone is doing to their cars it'll give me ideas to spend money on. the wait will be painfull, I sold my XR6 turbo last week so will have to make do with my yard car for hopefully no longer than a month.
cantdrive

Re: New here and waiting

Postby Lark68 on Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:07 pm

Welcome cantdrive,
I know how you feel. I also have a GLX-R on order. At first I was told delivery around Christmas, then told March and now a possible Jan delivery. There's such a back-log that all the dealers are trying to claim the same cars.
As I have found, there's plenty of info and great tips in here to keep you entertained till the beast arrives.

Cheers.
MN GLXR
Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.
Lark68

Postby boycee on Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:16 pm

good to see your mooving up in the car world. :lol:

Welcome. where you from? 8-)
www.4wdsupplies.com.au
boycee
Platinum Subscriber

Postby cantdrive on Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:11 pm

boycee wrote:good to see your mooving up in the car world. :lol:

Welcome. where you from? 8-)

I'd say moving up in ride height cause the falcon was fun car drive when I could find the time to drive it.

from sydney
cantdrive

Postby al coholic on Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:58 pm

Welcome to the site mate, hope you dont have to wait too much longer for the new ute, seems to be a heap of guys waiting for december delivery. I just hope for the triton's sake you "CAN" drive :lol: :lol: :lol:

cantdrive wrote: cause the falcon was fun car drive

My father in law had one of the xr6 turbos until not too long ago, and even though i am a Holden fan, i will admit they are one hell of a car to drive. Very very fun, but you know what i'm talkin about ;) Cheers Ben
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby cantdrive on Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:12 pm

got this up date from my dealer today

"I have been watching the production and shipping dates and the White vehicle had blown out to end of December at least.
I have secured a Silver vehicle which is built and due to arrive on a ship 9/12. Approx 8 days later to dealer.
Will keep you updated."

why is white so hard to get hold of. Its the most popular so mitsi should have built a couple of boat loads and sent them by now. So do I accept the silver or wait til who knows when????? decisions decisions.
cantdrive

Postby FreestyleCab on Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:26 pm

Really, its upto you.

If simply can't wait any longer for your "first choice" colour, get the silver....IMO its the best colour!
But think about how long you are going to be staring over the silver bonnet of your ute....will you "really" be happy with the silver in 12 months time , or will you be wishing you waited just another month to see that shiny white bonnet instead?
The thrill of getting the new ute will fade quicker than the regret you will feel if you got the wrong colour.
Brett
FreestyleCab

Postby waveriders on Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:25 am

I have been in a similar position before. IMHO I would wait and take the vehicle that I really wanted rather than compromising and possibly regretting it later. I have a white ML and waited three months because I also wanted the factory diff lock. The wait was painful but worth it in the end.
waveriders

Postby Greedy on Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:28 am

waveriders wrote:I have been in a similar position before. IMHO I would wait and take the vehicle that I really wanted rather than compromising and possibly regretting it later. I have a white ML and waited three months because I also wanted the factory diff lock. The wait was painful but worth it in the end.

Same trouble here with the diff lock but I didn't wait. Now every time I get stuck with 2 wheels in the air, I kick myself. I guess $2K to ARB will go some way to solving my problem. :roll:
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy!

It ain't pretty being easy!!
Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Lark68 on Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:03 am

I agree. I'm waiting on the Gunmetal Grey with diff lock and was told between Jan and March. They offered a silver one without difflock but said they'll put in an ARB locker. The locker would resolve one issue, but would I be happy with the colour in the long term? First choice was gunmetal so I'll wait or I'll always feel that it was a compromise.
MN GLXR
Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.
Lark68

Postby cantdrive on Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:10 pm

Dealer rang me today to say mine has arrived. I've decided to go with silver after running around in a white prado for the last month every tar and bug mark is noticeable on it and its only done 20,000km. So should pick it up early next week after tint, tubliner and hardcover are fitted. The dealer reckons white wont be available til mid january and I really want the car to use over chrissy.
cantdrive

Postby Tony on Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:18 am

cantdrive wrote:Dealer rang me today to say mine has arrived. I've decided to go with silver after running around in a white prado for the last month every tar and bug mark is noticeable on it and its only done 20,000km. So should pick it up early next week after tint, tubliner and hardcover are fitted. The dealer reckons white wont be available til mid january and I really want the car to use over chrissy.

Good on you. I had similar issues here and also ended up with silver and no diff lock. The silver actually really suits them, easy to look after, wont show up marks as much. Very happy with mine now I have it :D
Now you can join us in the line for the bar work :roll:

Cheers Tony
Tony
Platinum Subscriber

Postby cantdrive on Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:27 pm

Bar work might take a while to get organised cause the triton only fits into my garage by 30mm. I've bought a wheelstop to dyna bolt into the floor. Once I have it i'll be able to get an accurate idea of what I can get and check out what other people are goin with
cantdrive

Postby Tony on Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:27 pm

cantdrive wrote:Bar work might take a while to get organised cause the triton only fits into my garage by 30mm. I've bought a wheelstop to dyna bolt into the floor. Once I have it i'll be able to get an accurate idea of what I can get and check out what other people are goin with

Once you stick a bar on what ever is in the way will soon be moved :twisted: :lol: Yea I'm having the same grief here. Hard up the bench and the door just closes with out a tow bar :o
Tony
Platinum Subscriber

Return to Introductions