ECU upgrade by MRT

Anything Triton related

Re: ECU upgrade by MRT

Postby Buzzy on Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:57 pm

Whats the go with warranty when you have this done???
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby subi_man on Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:04 pm

Homer wrote:Bastard

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby Sapient on Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:11 am

Buzzy wrote:Whats the go with warranty when you have this done???

Well I am confident I can guess what Mitsubishi would say........ MRT offer a lifetime warranty on all their work though, so thats something, but currently I am working on the assumption that my warranty is void.
Sapient
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Buzzy on Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:42 pm

Prob worth it :twisted: :lol:
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby Jitsukablue on Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:46 am

What's the go Sapient? More detail please!
He who dies with the most toys, wins
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters...
Jitsukablue

Postby CCM on Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:32 pm

Hi guys

I'm the Chris of (Chris and Brett) from MRT and I can garunatee there wil be progress in the New Year for the 4M41 DiD development. Brett piped in earlier with an update but I will do what I can to keep you int he loop (He's overseas and doens't know it yet.. But ) I'm the proud new owner of a brand spankers 08 built GLXR auto and can garauntee I'll be finding every NM and KW I can safely extract out of it!

Already done 1000kms in the 4 days since collectiong it from the dealer and stoked with it - You will have to bear with me though I'm a reformed WRX driver :) It's not my first or my only 4WD so expect it to see some punishment none the less!?!

I'm holding off on mods until the dealer imposed 1500km service to sort a few things out - But already gathering as much data as I can to progress with the search for grunt!
I bought a new Turbo Diesel Ute to tow my two toys, now the Ute takes all my time n money! crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap
CCM

Postby Sapient on Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:44 pm

Hay Chris,

Great news!!! Welcome to 4wd nirvana mate....you will have to jump in on one of our trips!!
Sapient
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Choady on Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:48 pm

Hey guys - Im very new to the world of ECU tweaking/chips etc etc. The warranty issue was mentioned in this thread already - but what about insurance ? Because you are making a 'change' to the engine (by giving it more power/torque) - will it be insurable ?

What about RTA regs - will it be registerable etc ? I have the same wonderings about suspension.

do the ecu mods come with any kind of engineering paperwork etc to make it all legal ?

sorry for the questions - Im hoping the more educated amongst us can pass on the gouge to me !
Choady

Postby CCM on Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:18 am

Couple of things guys

All MRT power up kits comes with a factory warranty garunantee! That is we will cover any fault as a result of MRT product for the life of your new car warranty! Including that 3/5/10 years dribble in your service manual as long as (like Mits) it is maintaned as per the factory recomended service schedule. Similar to Mits on the 10 year extension howebver, MRT's is not transfereable.

This includes any R&D vehicles mate, So Sapient - you can sleep a little easier now :) While yours isn't specifically an 'Power Up' kit it is in my mind still well within the development for any pwoer kits we will end up developing!

As for Engineering Certificates that is something (if you want to ) you will need to arrange personally. We make no claim whatsoever that our products will comply with ADR's - that is to say I have a firm and almost arrogant opinion that we modify vehicle with the idea to keep compromises to an absolute minimum! Having been in the aftermarket scene for quite a few year there are in reality only very few people who have Engineering Cert's and in most cases are only prompted by being caught - And usually doing something silly to attract the attention at that! that is to say I know allot of suspension modifications on some tough 4WD's grab that attention too...

Anyways... Back to work! Thanks for the Warm Welcome, I'd love to hear more about those trips!
I bought a new Turbo Diesel Ute to tow my two toys, now the Ute takes all my time n money! crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap
CCM

Postby Storm Trooper on Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:58 am

Chris, welcome been hearing good things from Sapient on the ECU work... question, do you do Tritons that are petrol's or is it only DiD?
i vote for a html version of the Gasa strip in between the 2 sites. then the goons who wanna get all parochial about their trucks can chuck rocks and shit at each other. by cyberhonky on Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:37 am
Storm Trooper

Postby Homer on Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:54 am

Yes welcome Chris!

And I second Stormy on the PETROL question. So far in my search I haven't gotten any results on a good upgrade/mod.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby ML-VR08 on Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:25 am

Homer - what about a super charger or Turbo? Surely this would satisfy your needs :twisted:
ML-VR08

Postby Homer on Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:50 am

lol yeah mate, that has been mentioned before. But I'm after a little more of a subtle alternative like an ECU upgrade etc lol.

If I had the money, there'd be a hole in the bonnet and a 7:1 blower sticking through hahaha. Then I'd be straight off to Thailand to make Monster my b$tch.......before it broke :lol: :lol: :lol:
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Buzzy on Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:27 am

Homer wrote:lol yeah mate, that has been mentioned before. But I'm after a little more of a subtle alternative like an ECU upgrade etc lol.

If I had the money, there'd be a hole in the bonnet and a 7:1 blower sticking through hahaha. Then I'd be straight off to Thailand to make Monster my b$tch.......before it broke :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby CCM on Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:48 am

Homer wrote:Yes welcome Chris!

And I second Stormy on the PETROL question. So far in my search I haven't gotten any results on a good upgrade/mod.

To be completely honest.. I don't know! ;)

We have never plugged into one to see if the software protocol is anywhere near what we work with. If it is then it may be possible but until I access one there is no way to know for sure... On that note, If anyone is in Sydney and can spare a couple of hours walking around Rhodes shopping centre while I plug in and dump some data (there is no risk or cost at all for this) then I would be happy to...

In any case I just realised I am conscious of this not becoming a Pro MRT / ECUTEK thread so my apologies if it looks like thayt at all....
CCM

Postby Storm Trooper on Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:49 pm

CCM wrote:

We have never plugged into one to see if the software protocol is anywhere near what we work with. If it is then it may be possible but until I access one there is no way to know for sure... On that note, If anyone is in Sydney and can spare a couple of hours walking around Rhodes shopping centre while I plug in and dump some data (there is no risk or cost at all for this) then I would be happy to...

In any case I just realised I am conscious of this not becoming a Pro MRT / ECUTEK thread so my apologies if it looks like thayt at all....

I'm your bitch :lol: , where and when do you want me to visit, i am only 10min away from Rhodes, and currently have lots of time up my shelve to help you out.
i vote for a html version of the Gasa strip in between the 2 sites. then the goons who wanna get all parochial about their trucks can chuck rocks and shit at each other. by cyberhonky on Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:37 am
Storm Trooper

Postby Homer on Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:40 pm

Storm Trooper wrote:
CCM wrote:

I'm your bitch :lol: , where and when do you want me to visit, i am only 10min away from Rhodes, and currently have lots of time up my shelve to help you out.

Good Man!!!!

You are a trooper Storm..ah..Trooper :D
Seriously mate good on ya! I've been talking to Brett and Chris trying to work out how to do the same from Brisbane, but it's just a bit hard.
I'm away for 3 weeks soon and I've offered to donate my rig for that time to an affiliate up here, but I don't think there is anything around. All the software/diagnostics or whatever seem to be down in your neck of the woods. I'm hoping Chris comes back with some good news on a local - then we can meet up and race 'em!!!!! :roll:

Just can't help myself sometimes :oops:

I've also tried ralliart and up here it is almost a non entity. Just get directed to a Mitsi agency that starts with "Mitsubishi wish to inform you that any modification could result in loss of warranty blah, blah, blah..."

Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Storm Trooper on Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:58 pm

:D Your a classic Homer :D
Storm Trooper

Postby CCM on Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:34 am

I've got a couple of phone number to chase up with you Petrol guys through PM's etc so let me see what I can do... Out of curisoity, what fuel do they recomend for use on the V6? 92, 95 or 98RON?

General DiD update!
I don't have ECU support for my own car :( Different code then what we've seen before, no biggy though should have the file definition back from UK in the next few days and be back at it...

I'm glad I'm bigger and meaner then my Mits dealer though casuse I'm already a couple of smal warranty related niggles - The truck is fantastic but a dealer arranged aftermarket sunroof has already shown to only be good as the techy who fitted it!?!? Already sorted with some quality wiring in my own time but a pain none the less!
CCM

Postby Storm Trooper on Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:11 am

Chris Mitsi says you can use any of those that you mentioned including the 10% ethanol blend. however i only use 95 or better, cause i am on the understanding that the more RON the better it is for performance and cleaning the motor.
Storm Trooper

Postby CCM on Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:38 pm

Thats' interesting - Thanks mate!

Has anyone noted any signs of pinging or detonation on the cheaper quality fuels????
CCM

Postby Storm Trooper on Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:09 pm

No pinging or detonation at all, but then again, i know that these motors are detuned heavy, cause they are rough on idle and not so smooth on acceleration .... i might be wrong here but aren't these motors the magna motors thats in the vrx these motors where producing some 180kW's. STD triton motor is rated at 135kW.

when i had my mazda and i installed an aftermarket microtech MTX8 computer and dyno'd it produced massive difference compared to factory computers, much more smoother on acceleration and major increase in house power and torque, so i am not surprised with Sapients results thus far and in my mind when done by someone you knows what he is doing, it the safest way to extract power, you don't have to change internals or add external mods etc just maintain your serving and your be right.
Storm Trooper

Postby Homer on Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:14 am

Yep no pinging here either and I've tried each of them.
I do seem to think it has more go on the Ultimate/high octane fuel, but could just be my imagination....and hoping it was worth the extra cost!

I'm away for a while now so I'll catch you guys in 3 weeks.

Hope to hear some good news!!!

By the sound of it, the issue is in very good hands with the Trooper. 8-)
Don't stop until you can feel the force!!!!!!

Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby CCM on Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:54 pm

Update...

I finally have support for my own ECU - That being said its at the dealer for the complimentary 1500 KM Service as I type and hoping to spend some more type stripping down the info in the ECU before I start making changes. There are some differences in the AUTO compared the the manual we already updated that I want to make sure I have my head around first...

As for the V6's I'm sorry to confirm it doens't look good for ECUTEK support... Thanks for the offer of the vist here to MRT trooper but I managed to do the rounds of my dealership thismorning with the help of my friendly Mits Sales guys and it's not looking good. The ECU's are a different series, range and protocol to what we have access to... You only option (unless there is someone else who manages to crack them in the meatime) is a interceptor type ECU. Although not as easy and out of sight as a software upgrade like I will be doing with the DiD models, you still may find some extra KW's through tuning something like a Haltech or simiar. The reason I was asking about fuels and detonation is to get an understanding if there is any room to move with the factory tune. The fact theat they only 'need' 92 or better and no noe has seen any signs of det means there is potential room to run more ignition timing if you were to commit to running better quality fuel such as 98 - more timing means more torque - more torque @ RPM equals more power, etc etc.
CCM

Postby Storm Trooper on Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:15 pm

ok it looks like i have to get a diesel . . . . :|
Storm Trooper

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion