the 2.5 is coming - End of September

Triton in the media

The new model rumor mill.

Postby Still-Lurking on Sun May 10, 2009 6:55 pm

Thought it might be good for us to list the various scraps of info reefed out of the dealers & media in one place.
I gather that it will be announced after the end of financial year sale and available in September.

I heard that there will be no VR or GLS models and that the tray will be 8 inches higher.
Still-Lurking

Re: The new model rumor mill.

Postby rick on Sun May 10, 2009 7:29 pm

i recon 6" longer is nearer the mark...yeah anounce it after the end of year sale then do an end of run sale on the old tub models....whats the deal with removing the g.l.s model???
i think im a lesbian trapped in a mans body!!!
rick

Postby Still-Lurking on Sun May 10, 2009 7:32 pm

Probably something to do with the global economic cluster fcuk.. :roll:
Still-Lurking

Postby FreestyleCab on Sun May 10, 2009 10:10 pm

I'm going to start my own rumours right in this thread.

Over the next few years we will see Mistubishi be the first to introduce to the Australian 1 tonne ute market the following features to the Triton........these will happen as I have fired off an email to MMAL outlining everything below and MMAL always listen to their customers...... plus they have staff regularly read the forum and gather valuable enduser feedback from us all....... ;) :lol:

* Traction and Stability Control (like they already have in the UK)
    * Driver knee air bag (like they already have in the UK)
    * Side and curtain Airbags (is this option already available??)
    * 5 Speed Auto. (out of the new Challenger)
    * ETACS (out of the new challenger)
    * Sports model with coil sprung rear axle and possibly a lighter payload of ~500-600kg (out of the Challenger)
    * Upgrade to the DiD engine, ditching the solenoid injectors and adopting piezoelectric injectors to finally silence the current DiD's clatter.

What would be really cool (but will never happen) is the option of a long wheelbase model. A double cab with the tub off the extracab would be awesome.

Now all I have to do is close my eyes and click my heels together three times and all this will happen while still keeping the price of a new Triton 10grand under the SR5 Hilux!
Brett
FreestyleCab

Postby Blue on Sun May 10, 2009 11:38 pm

FreestyleCab wrote:
What would be really cool (but will never happen) is the option of a long wheelbase model. A double cab with the tub off the extracab would be awesome.

Can you imagine trying to park that bastid...??? The current model sticks way out of most parks as it is...
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Postby subi_man on Mon May 11, 2009 7:35 am

FreestyleCab wrote:* Side and curtain Airbags (is this option already available??)
* Upgrade to the DiD engine, ditching the solenoid injectors and adopting piezoelectric injectors to finally silence the current DiD's clatter.

Side airbags are now an option from the GLX upwards 8-) I hope they KEEP listening to your suggestions and carry across the Pajero 147kw engine upgrade ASAP :twisted:
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby Still-Lurking on Mon May 11, 2009 8:48 am

The side airbags are a myth - they shouldn't even be listed because there are none anywhere to be had by all accounts. :roll:

The NT diesel engine would be an awesome addition.. :D
Still-Lurking

Postby Greedy on Mon May 11, 2009 8:50 am

FreestyleCab wrote:* Traction and Stability Control (like they already have in the UK)

If this comes in then kiss goodbye to any legal suspension mods. I was reading something about this on the weekend but oldtimers has got me and I can't recall where. :oops:
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy!

It ain't pretty being easy!!
Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby FreestyleCab on Mon May 11, 2009 1:54 pm

Still-Lurking wrote:The side airbags are a myth - they shouldn't even be listed because there are none anywhere to be had by all accounts. :roll:

I was looking through the specs on the Mitsu website and I swear I saw "side and curtain airbags" come up on the screen for a second, then it was replaced by just "Driver and passenger airbags"......I will have to clear my browsers cache and see if it flashes up on the screen again while the page is loading!
Brett
FreestyleCab

Postby Mantis on Sun May 17, 2009 9:29 pm

subi_man wrote:
FreestyleCab wrote:* Side and curtain Airbags (is this option already available??)

Side airbags are now an option from the GLX upwards 8-) I hope they KEEP listening to your suggestions and carry across the Pajero 147kw engine upgrade ASAP :twisted:

The last time I was at the dealer, he was saying 5 speed auto, higher output diesel engine aka pajero donk, 180mm tray, and front and rear styling revisions..
Mantis

Postby rick on Sun May 17, 2009 10:01 pm

why dont we just get dave to write to mmal and ask in the name of the forum..... :idea:
i think im a lesbian trapped in a mans body!!!
rick

Postby Jitsukablue on Tue May 19, 2009 2:31 pm

Greedy wrote:
FreestyleCab wrote:* Traction and Stability Control (like they already have in the UK)

If this comes in then kiss goodbye to any legal suspension mods. I was reading something about this on the weekend but oldtimers has got me and I can't recall where. :oops:

So long as there's an off button... not a problem... Did the article talk about larger tyre sizes affecting traction control?
He who dies with the most toys, wins
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters...
Jitsukablue

Postby Greedy on Tue May 19, 2009 2:39 pm

Jitsukablue wrote:So long as there's an off button... not a problem... Did the article talk about larger tyre sizes affecting traction control?

Sorry, I didn't pay a great deal of attention to the article. Just sort of skimmed it due to not having traction control. Mind you, given the penchant for governments to overgovern these days, there's every chance bigger tyres/wheels would be not allowed either. Having said that, here in SA they basically have done that anyway with a poxy 15mm bigger only allowed on any car. :evil:

Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Still-Lurking on Tue May 19, 2009 2:57 pm

15mm is the rule here in NSW as well. :evil:

This is what you get when the RTA is run by light loafered bicycle riding vegans.
Still-Lurking

Postby spargo on Tue May 19, 2009 3:20 pm

Longer tray = smaller cabin space. The cabin space the Triton offers is what sells it over the other bench-seat boxes such as the BT-50 DC and Navara.

No thanks to a longer tray from me.. Even my alloy tray is only the same length that the original tub made the vehicle.
spargo

Postby Greedy on Tue May 19, 2009 3:26 pm

Still-Lurking wrote:15mm is the rule here in NSW as well. :evil:

This is what you get when the RTA is run by light loafered bicycle riding vegans.

:lol: :lol: Don't hold back now. Tell us what you really think. :twisted:

Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Homer on Tue May 19, 2009 3:26 pm

I think the tray itself is longer mate - longer overhang.

Would be a VERY expensive upgrade to change the body.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Naff on Tue May 19, 2009 3:33 pm

Is that 15mm before you have to get it engineered ot 15mm period? I reckon you would have to be pretty unlucky to get pulled up in a 4x4 :?
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Greedy on Tue May 19, 2009 3:37 pm

NaffX214 wrote:Is that 15mm before you have to get it engineered ot 15mm period? I reckon you would have to be pretty unlucky to get pulled up in a 4x4 :?

An engineers certificate will allow higher I believe. 15mm is ludicrous. It essentially means no increase. Up one width size and one profile from our standard is 50mm approx. Up either of these will be over 15mm. :evil:

Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby MR T on Tue May 19, 2009 4:32 pm

yes the cab will stay the same and the tub will be about 200mm longer
a smile is a sign of joy, a hug is a sign of love, a laugh is a sign of happiness and a friend like me...well...that's a sign of good taste.
MR T

Postby spargo on Tue May 19, 2009 4:41 pm

Homer wrote:I think the tray itself is longer mate - longer overhang.

Would be a VERY expensive upgrade to change the body.

I beleive that it shouldn't have any more rear overhang. Unless they've had some decent work done, most long alloy tray dual-cab tradie utes I see around SEQ are sagging something shocking with a minimal load. Those wheels are just too far forward, or there's just too much arse hanging out over those chassis rails to kep the back level.

Oh well, good luck to Mitsu.
spargo

Postby NowForThe5th on Tue May 19, 2009 7:15 pm

If they put the extra length in the chassis in front of the rear wheels it would solve a heap of problems. Improved angle for suspension lift, better load distribution, even better ride.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby Greedy on Wed May 20, 2009 9:11 am

NowForThe5th wrote:If they put the extra length in the chassis in front of the rear wheels it would solve a heap of problems. Improved angle for suspension lift, better load distribution, even better ride.

Now here's a thought. No chance Mitsi's will take this on board. :lol: :twisted: You would lose some ramp-over though.

Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Still-Lurking on Wed May 20, 2009 10:26 am

Greedy wrote:
NaffX214 wrote:Is that 15mm before you have to get it engineered ot 15mm period? I reckon you would have to be pretty unlucky to get pulled up in a 4x4 :?

An engineers certificate will allow higher I believe. 15mm is ludicrous. It essentially means no increase. Up one width size and one profile from our standard is 50mm approx. Up either of these will be over 15mm. :evil:

I went with 265/70/17 or up 5 in profile from the standard Pajero tires and that's going to be around 28-30 mm larger.

If anyone pulls me up, I have the excuse that it's the smallest 17' Micky Thompson 10 ply. ;)

I don't see that happening, but you never know, what if Scruby becomes PM ?? :roll: :lol: :lol:
Still-Lurking

Postby sam on Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:22 pm

Dropped into see the local dealer today and was told that he just had an email confirming the MN Triton is to be released end of Sept early Oct to replace the ML :D
One thing he did say was that there isn't that much stock of GLX's and he been geting VR's etc from other dealers so maybe they might bring the release date forward if they run out of ML's ;)
sam

Next

Return to Triton News