the 2.5 is coming - End of September

Triton in the media

Re: the 2.5 is coming - End of September

Postby vroom on Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:23 pm

[quote="sierra"][quote="4wd26"]

Another factor is that 3.2L for a 4 cylinder motor is pushing the limits when you start to step up the output with 2.7L recognised as the usual design limit. That might have been the deciding factor and hopefully there's a sweet 6 under development that will make everyone happy.

The Toyota Coaster went from a 6cyl 4,2 to the new 4cyl 3.9 t/d. So you can't really call 3.2 as pushing the limits. Lets face it, the Aussies and the yanks love big cubes, the Euro's and poms prefer small motors (maybe something to do with tax) that is why they always had the hilux 2.5 (when I last checked) and the triton 2.5, while we always got the hilux 3.0 and triton 3.2.
Mitsi has to sell it, and they probably will, due to oil shotages, except for the minority die hards.
vroom

Postby daryn on Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:40 pm

tritionspecn wrote:...As i have just started to this all, I am happy to be a bit of a guinea pig for the site and ask for your blessing to still be a member to new triton. I dont particularly have the knowledge most you guys do, but if , when the Triton does come, i am happy to hook up with the local guys in melbourne, to get a bit of a feel and feedback on the 2.5 DiD. If any objections, let us know. ???? :?:

Your gunna have to wait till dave launches www.newnewtriton.net :)
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby tritionspecn on Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:55 pm

Your gunna have to wait till dave launches http://www.newnewtriton.net :)[/quote]

I am going to be such a loner by the looks of it!!!! :( :cry: :roll: :oops: :|
tritionspecn

Postby daryn on Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:03 pm

You'll be right, I think the guys here will let you hang around, they are going to be very jealous of the rest of your new triton anyway.

There is a couple of guys to be suspicious of, Buzzy, Subiman, ...hang on there the mods...na, still be suspicious of them :lol:
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby tritionspecn on Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:16 pm

Cheers Daryn,
Feel a little bit better, but I am happy to try and give feed back to anyone else who has questions and the rest. Not because I have a MN (yet), more for the fact that there are so many questions and doubt. As I wont be lugging too much weight around most of the time, maybe there are some members in melb that would like to ask questions or even hook up a trailer to get a bit of feel etc that ya cant get from a dealer. Shareing is Careing! got that from my 8 yr old nephew :) ;)
tritionspecn

Postby Mantis on Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:49 am

Nobody should feel like this, it's not like there are pre requisites for this public forum, hell we even let hilux owners in the door, and vice versa.. Just because Mitsu dropped the 3.2 and you are coming into the market as the new 2.5 will be released should not be held against you, or anyone else for that matter.. It will be you guys that are getting this New New Triton to sell it to us 2.5 haters I guess, you guys will have the real world use and the best reviews on it, so when you get it, start convincing us!! Coz so far I'm not convinced at all..

At the end of the day who cares what engine is in it, we're all here for the same reasons, it's just some people such as myself take the new change quite personally as it really affects my long term plans for the future for me personally..
Mantis

Postby jop on Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:18 am

sierra wrote: It would be good to have just one other forum member with a 2.5 to show some enthusiasm too and having 90% of the 3.2 owners pouring shit on an engine they've never driven can get trying!

I can't wait for the first MN owners to post their opinions and I will be spewing because I've only got the 100kw version but that's life!

Most members have not poured shit on the engine, just the decision by mitsu.

Having driven the 2.5 in your triton spec, it goes well - i would like to drive it loaded up (with a full body), towing and off boost though.

CCM must be spewing :|
jop

Postby vroom on Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:47 am

[quote="tritionspecn"]I must be a sucker for the punishment!!!!! :oops:

Well guys, quietly speaking, I JUST BOUGHT A NEW GLX-R!!!!!!! BRING IT ON! :shock:

Congratulations and don't worry Tritospecn, the new ute would be probably better in every way, more power, more torque, better ride, and will win a few ute of the year challenges. The 2.5 is sure to be more efficient than the 3.2.

Just that we are 3.2 fans, and lament its loss in the triton. But such is progress, you will also be sad in years to come when the 2.5 is superceded by a 2.0 or electric motor.
vroom

Postby King Triton on Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:53 am

Congratualtions to Sierra & Triton Specn for the purchase of New cars. :D :D

No matter what anyone says nothing beats the feeling of owning a brand new car.
3.2, 2.5, 4.2, 3.0 its all shit as they are just numbers and in a few more years all other brands will be displaying smaller engine numbers not larger ones as this is the future and you can not stop progress and technology.
You have bought a car that you liked go out and have fun you are welcome on any 4wding trips that i organise (as long as i get to have a drive 8-) 8-) )
In the end you still have a Mitsubishi Triton and it still comes with 5-10 year warranty and it has a badge with three diamonds proudly displayed on the front of the car.
King Triton

Postby tritionspecn on Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:36 pm

Cheers Guys,
Like I have stated, if I can help out in any way to try and rate the newer model for others, I am all for it, as I will also want to learn some things about 4wding. I know the 100 other guys have 100 other uses, but if all these little bits of info add to something, might make a decision not as hard. I could not compare or understand how the motors work until i get out there and know what you guys are talking about, but sure as hell, I aint a toole :roll: I should be able to give some sort of feed back, and for me, getting the GLX-R, its closer to what I was used to driving, quoting my car dealer here, and the bit of feed back as to how young kids, especially 3 boys with ex's might find it fun, grouse, cool etc etc, and as I spend not as much time as per normal, the time I can spend in the future might just be FANTASTIC for all. ;)
Cheers Nuri
tritionspecn

Postby Homer on Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:22 pm

Gaaarn...piss off!!! I wont talk to you that's for sure!
Bloody rattly, smelly, oily, elitist......

;)
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Stu on Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:42 pm

no matter which way it goes poor homer will still have diesel envy
If god didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of food
Stu

Postby al coholic on Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:52 pm

Congrats on the GLX-R purchase tritionspecn, great to see another convert to the 4wd ranks, no matter how you use your new rig, I doubt it will dissapoint you mate. Throw some decent shoes under the new truck, and your ready to hit the trails. :D Cheers Ben
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby tritionspecn on Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:01 pm

Homer,
I reckon you might be one of the first members to drive the new rig! By the time it comes, and all the crap down here I have had to deal with, I think I might load up and head your way for a bit of a journey, to become buddies with my new............sheila! Its about learning the gal! I might reward myself with a bit of a break and take the kids to all the theme thingamagigies up there, I most definately swing by your hood so ya can whirl around abit. Wadda ya think????!!!! :P
Nuri.
PS I GOTTA CHANGE MY NAME!!! I think I accidently pressed an i in there somehow!!! :oops: :oops:
tritionspecn

Postby snowman on Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:01 am

Nuri,

you can change your user name from memory, just send Dave a PM with new name......
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby trickydevil on Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:58 am

In regards to lifting mods hit the 4x4action website and e-sign the petition.

They're trying to keep the un engineered side of this at 75mm of lift.

ie: 25mm suspension and 50mm in tyres or 50mm sus lift & 25mm tyres.

I think i'll keep my 50mm sus lift and get my soon to be purchased 33's engineered. :twisted:
trickydevil

Postby Jiminy on Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:38 am

Lets get some prespective on the new 2.5 motor, when Mitsubishi made the decision to replace the 3.2 with a 2.5, it wasn't last month when Triton had its best month thanks to some nice tax benefits for small business, it would of been last year when oil was $140 a barrel and the acronym GFC was flying about as the ruination of the world.

I do like the new rims on the MY10, and a bigger tub is always useful.

The GLS must be consigned to history along with V6 petrol motor.
Jiminy

Postby Homer on Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:30 am

Hey Nuri, you'd be more than welcome mate! :)
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby snowman on Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:34 pm

i am in new zealand at the moment. saw an advert in the christchurch newspaper for an "NZ GLS with 3.2did manual with front side and curtain airbags for NZ$39,990 including GST DRIVE AWAY". ok their GLS looks like the aussie VR with no barwork or tonneau/bars but blimey with the aussie $ at about 82 cents to a NZ$ and with more airbags than the local bingo comp that is pretty impressive. that's what i would buy if i had another shot and it was offered in aussie.
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby revhead on Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:50 pm

Hey Guys,

Firstly, Top Forum,
Secondly those 2.5TD haters "HTFU" :D its the way our future is paved unless juice gets cheaper.
Thirdly, pre orderd my GLX-R at current 09 model price, $46k inc tray liner,uhf, lightforce 260's spotlights, towpack & soft cover, May/may-not add more bits later once the piggy bank grows once more.

I requested a document to support all the features that are included in the new 2010 triton & this is the PDF docco that was sent to me. It may help show what is really install for us.

Cheers

Mick
revhead

Postby snowman on Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:05 pm

the engine issue has been done to death..........so assuming it is a good motor there are some good spec's on this new model, although for me the GLX-R is the only option with superselect etc in my opinion.

I miss the radio controls on the steering wheel from my old car (trust me it sounds wanky but once you have had them you will agree..) so the MMAL option looks ok depending on dollars.

but i have to say from a 4wding pespective...that departure angle is embarrassing!!!!!

i'll bet in 12 months there will be post after post about bad handling once loaded......man you gotta order it in black cause that is the only colour that suits that arse :o :o .
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Dylan 191 on Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:09 pm

the overhang on that tub is really going to hamper it offroad , and whats with the stability controll ??
does that mean no suspension modifications ?
Marge bring me your address book ,4 beers and my conversation hat !!
Dylan 191

Postby jop on Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:24 am

Platoon - gooooone
jop

Postby Mantis on Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:17 am

Tex wrote:Seat height adjustment. Maybe they do read things on this site :!:

If that were true the new MN would have the Pajero 3.2 DiD.... :mrgreen:
Mantis

Postby ML-VR08 on Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:36 am