Tritons infiltrate 4x4 action again

Triton in the media

Postby reeldreamer on Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:46 am

JamoGLXR wrote:My new manager said if you don't pay I don't sign. Lol

The nice people at 4wdA sent me the original. It's a very nice photo. I might get it framed and hang it in my shed

Ha! You did better then me!! I haven't received anything from 4wd action from my 5 page feature in overlander.......you think considering Its people's cars that sell the mags they would treat them a little better??
Bash plates and other cool gear from Prestige Offroad Accessories

http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=80
reeldreamer

Re: Tritons infiltrate 4x4 action again

Postby fridgie on Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:01 am

Yeah, I haven't got anything yet either....must be time for another phone call ;)
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby JamoGLXR on Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:52 am

I just used the email link at the 4wdA home page. No questions asked they just sent a link
"You'll Never Walk Alone"
JamoGLXR

Postby fridgie on Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:59 am

I'm getting a couple of issues and a DVD of the pics from the shoot. Should be here next week :D
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby 4wd26 on Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:28 am

who did you contact?
I still havn't got my winch yet
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby Custom Offroad on Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:54 am

I spoke with Michael Becks 02 9741 3988. He is the custom car co-ordinator but he may be able to help you. They have a very large turn over of staff in their offices. Apparently they are all 4wd enthustists that start out keen to work there then they realise the pay is crap and it is not as fun as they thought and leave!
Bash Plates and other cool gear from Prestige Offroad accessories......

viewforum.php?f=80
Custom Offroad

Postby Steane on Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:41 am

Matilda got an invite for a shoot late last year for 4WDA, subject to some info about her.

I responded by offering to write the article, on a take it, leave it or edit it basis, because it's important that the facts about the Triton are correct, and they generally aren't (I said this in my response). Also offered to write-up the HC trip.

Didn't even get the courtesy of a response :lol: A 'NO' would have been okay, I was perfectly comfortable with that. :lol:

So I guess they like writing incorrect crap about cars they don't know or understand.

Thank god for them the videos are good, and getting better IMO. They do a great job with the vids now and I enjoy watching Roothy and Graham. Graham has a bit of talent behind a camera.

The mags are crap.
Steane
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Custom Offroad on Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:53 am

I was actually quite impressed with my article even though they did talk about the tail shaft shudder?? Unlike fridgies article where they got something so simple like the motor size wrong :shock: Unless someone from here starts working for them I am affraid the exposure and accuracy of the articles will remain the same.
Bash Plates and other cool gear from Prestige Offroad accessories......

viewforum.php?f=80
Custom Offroad

Postby godzilla_rising on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:41 pm

I dont know if it has ever been said in these forums, but after reading some of these posts about 4x4A magazine and the like it got me thinking.

How many of us watch Top Gear? How many times when they do one of their silly little "challenges" do they have a vehicle in the background that is "less than ideal". For example, a VW Beetle, or a "Hilux" (I think it was anyway) in the American Truck Trip? I just saw on the American version of Top Gear, that when they went 4WD through Alaska in their big American trucks :roll: , that they had a Hilux as a support/backup that noone wanted to drive...ANYWAY, seeing as though all we ever see is Patrols, Landcruisers and Jeeps etc, why dont we just start having the Triton, lurking in the background, behind bushes, waiting for something to happen to the other guys? They all get scared and try to keep pushing through in their vehicles, before finally relenting and driving the Triton... :lol:

Just saying, could be interesting, and if done well, not only a bit of a laugh, but even more of an eye opener for some people...show em what the Tritons can really do. 8-)

Wow, I never thought that I would start getting so protective of the Triton, you should here some of the talk between some of us at work (Triton vs Navara vs Hilux). Oh well, keeps work lively... :twisted:
Godzilla Rising

"Kate's Dirty Sister" click here
2007 3.2 DiD GLX-R

There are two kinds of people in this world, those that can extrapolate from incomplete data.
godzilla_rising

Postby biggibbo on Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:55 am

Just got the latest edition of Overlander, and there is a nice write up and week of testing on the Hi Lux by none other than our own Alco.

One classic quote:

"Ben was happy to swap the triton for our hi-lux for the day to help knock over a few errands he needed to attend to"

Guess we are losing another one to the dark side very shortly.
biggibbo

Postby Bad Kitty on Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:19 am

biggibbo wrote:"Ben was happy to swap the triton for our hi-lux for the day to help knock over a few errands he needed to attend to"

OMG Traitor!!!!!!! I thought so much better of you than this.... :roll: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Bad Kitty

Postby biggibbo on Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:39 am

Bad Kitty wrote:
biggibbo wrote:"Ben was happy to swap the triton for our hi-lux for the day to help knock over a few errands he needed to attend to"

OMG Traitor!!!!!!! I thought so much better of you than this.... :roll: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Click to view larger picture :lol:
biggibbo

Postby godzilla_rising on Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:43 am

Is that a bit of a bump to the standard bash plates I see there? ^^^^^^
Godzilla Rising

"Kate's Dirty Sister" click here
2007 3.2 DiD GLX-R

There are two kinds of people in this world, those that can extrapolate from incomplete data.
godzilla_rising

Postby Bad Kitty on Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:02 am

The quote on the bottom of the page better not be yours Belter or you're toast!! :twisted:
Bad Kitty

Postby al coholic on Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:12 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: Its all good Gibbo...I've been waiting for this day ;) :lol: :lol:
If i cared what anyone on NTN thought of me doing that article in fear of getting picked on....well i wouldnt have done it would I.....bring it on :twisted:

It was initially supposed to be a comparison against my truck...they wanted a tradie who was set up for work and play. At least that's the way i understood it......a thousand e-mails back and forth and we finally got it sorted....I decided even though it was only going to be just us testing the Hilux and no Triton...It might be fun to do anyway.

And it was :D All expenses paid weekend away with the family towing our camper and the Overlander crew. It was quite fun to see how they go about creating a story from scratch ;) It was an experience for sure.

I havent seen the article or any of the photos......can only imagine what is written......
To be honest....I didnt like the Hilux at all. It had really comfy seats which was nice and a cool GPS/Radio touch screen that i think comes standard in all top spec models....I prefer the new look over the 2011 models....apart from that though, it wasnt real impressive.
It was the V6 model......It went like stink with no weight in the back obviously.......with the camper (1.6T) hooked up it was an absolute slug. Coming up Mt Vic pass on the way home (1:8 grade climb) ....I could not get over 40kms and at one stage, had to grab 1st. My ML Triton auto tows poorly up the same hill, but better than a V6 Hilux.......and thats no shit :shock: That really annoyed me. I wouldnt buy a V6 to tow, thats for sure. See how that compares to the actual article :?

Yeah Godzilla, the bash plate dent is mine :roll: A couple of hits on the side steps......I went pretty hard with it at times as it wasnt mine :twisted: I honestly couldnt find the difference off road with TC on or off.....so wasnt real impressed with that either. Cannot under estimate good suspension in a dual cab.....the ride was very harsh on fast dirt roads and probably a bit too stiff i feel, as when in low range, i had a lot of wheels in the air over some pretty moderate stuff :|

Anyway.....I will let you guys crap on about this, Im sure you have some good insults to come. I wont get upset like Kitty does when she cops it :twisted: :lol: Bring it bitches :D
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby al coholic on Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:15 am

Bad Kitty wrote:The quote on the bottom of the page better not be yours Belter or you're toast!! :twisted:

I doubt they used anything i said Kitty,......I wasnt overly complimentary about the Lux :lol:

And definitely will be no Lux for me.....dont worry. Still doesnt stack up against a Triton for 15K more :roll: Its a no brainer really.
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby coxy47 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:22 am

I have had that magazine sitting on my desk at work for a couple of days now. Looks like i might have to read it. Nothing like a good fictional article
coxy47

Postby snowman on Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:45 pm

the best response is to let this thread die....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Mrs Alco on Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:48 pm

It was an awesome weekend hanging with Mal and Matt from Overlander. Great guys and interesting to see how they put it all together.
Hayden & Riley had a fantastic time getting their photo taken, everytime the camera was out, Riley thought it was for him and said "Cheese" with a big smile on his face, I think he just liked being in the spotlight.

While it was fun bashing around in someone else's vehicle, the Hilux will not be missed, love our Triton!! Maybe i can get a Mrs Alco's Triton....do they come in purple?? ;) :D
Mrs Alco
Platinum Subscriber

Postby har05l on Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:36 pm

Mrs Alco wrote:Maybe i can get a Mrs Alco's Triton....do they come in purple?? ;) :D

With the coin your hubby brings in Amanda I'm sure we could organise you colour of choice :twisted:

And below is the unedited version of ben's thoughts, enjoy :twisted: :lol: :lol:

al coholic wrote:I have seen the article and the photos......i liked what is written......
To be honest....I like the Hilux . It had really comfy seats which was nice and a cool GPS/Radio touch screen that i think comes standard in all top spec models....I prefer the new look over the 2011 models...., it was real impressive.

It was the V6 model......It went like crazy with no weight in the back obviously.......with the camper (1.6T) hooked up it was moving my slug. Coming up Mt Vic pass on the way home (1:8 grade climb) ....I could not get over how easy it was. My ML Triton auto tows poorly up the same hill, but it is a ML.......and thats no shit :shock: I would buy a V6 to tow, thats for sure. See how that compares to the actual article :?

Yeah Godzilla, the bash plate dent is mine :roll: A couple of hits on the side steps and a few in the rear :D ......I went pretty hard with it at times as it wasnt mine :twisted: I honestly could find the difference off road with TC on or off.....so was real impressed with that :D . Cannot under estimate good suspension in a dual cab.....the ride was very firm on fast dirt roads and probably a bit too stiff (that was me) i feel, as when in low range, i had a lot of wheels in the air over some pretty tuff stuff :D

Anyway.....I will let you guys crap on about this, Im sure you have some good insults to come. I wont get upset like Kitty does when she cops it :twisted: :lol: Bring it bitches :D
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby andyj on Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:17 pm

^^^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ^^^^^
Or as Speedy Gonzalez once said, it won't hurt, did it
andyj

Postby JamoGLXR on Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:21 pm

How did you rate the pie warming ability? Your triton looks a little more capable in that department
"You'll Never Walk Alone"
JamoGLXR

Postby fraz91 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:57 pm

JamoGLXR wrote:How did you rate the pie warming ability? Your triton looks a little more capable in that department

I dunno, it is a V6 Toyota, and from what we've seen of brendan's V6 Toyota it tends to get pretty hot, even steamy sometimes :lol:

See the build up of my old Triton here.
fraz91

Postby Mattstruck on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:10 pm

fraz91 wrote:
JamoGLXR wrote:How did you rate the pie warming ability? Your triton looks a little more capable in that department

I dunno, it is a V6 Toyota, and from what we've seen of brendan's V6 Toyota it tends to get pretty hot, even steamy sometimes :lol:

Maybe a new diet of Dim Sims perhaps?
Mod talk:
Sometimes indecipherable to the average Civillian. Example:
Homer:
I clearly remember Joe stating categorically that he prefers it in the bottom
Joe:
I didn't say it was better in the bottom, I just said it was easier and quicker.
Mattstruck

Postby ultimate on Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:09 am

I dunno, it is a V6 Toyota, and from what we've seen of brendan's V6 Toyota it tends to get pretty hot, even steamy sometimes

:o

Your one might too if it could get half the power of the Prado without throwing boost codes :twisted:
The Team at
Australian Ultimate Suspension Pty. Ltd
Phone: +612 9618 7674
http://www.ultimatesuspension.com.au YouTube Facebook
Designers, Manufacturers and Installers of performance aftermarket suspension for Cars, Trucks and 4wds
ultimate

PreviousNext

Return to Triton News