Installing ARB Bull Bar

Installing ARB Bull Bar

Postby scubapro on Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:59 am

guys I just bought an ARB Bull bar with side rails & steps on Ebay.

Does anyone have any instructions/tips/tricks that can help me install this equipment please :?: :?:
scubapro

Re: Installing ARB Bull Bar

Postby Choady on Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:04 am

Hey Scuba - Ive only got the instructions for a Sahara Bar which will likely be different to the Deluxe Bar and sidesteps.

I reckon send ARB head office an email saying that you want to remove/reinstall the bar (say to fit a winch) but you werent given the instructions. They should be able to email or post you a copy I reckon.
Choady

Postby scubapro on Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:06 am

thanks choady I will try that right now
scubapro

Postby ML-VR08 on Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:11 am

Bastard lol....i saw that on ebay a thought, Shit what a deal... only thing that turned me off was the location, woulda been a bit to get it to QLD. But good deal mate, did you manage to get it for under 1k?
ML-VR08

Postby subi_man on Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:13 am

I was watching that auction, congrats you got it for a good price scuba 8-)

The worst part will be cutting your front bumper correctly, the rest should be pretty straightforward - I think FSC & GLX-Rsilver installed their own bars, might be worth dropping either of them a PM?

Cheers
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby scubapro on Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:14 am

ml I paid $1550-00 for the whole lot. I do not mind the drive when I am savinag a lot of money. I can finally get to try out my long range tank now :D
scubapro

Postby ML-VR08 on Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:15 am

Mate thats a great bargain i must admit, im very jealous.
ML-VR08

Postby scubapro on Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:17 am

pick it up tomorrow. Then I will clean them down & match the red paint of my ute ;)
scubapro

Postby rick on Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:02 am

if you balls the front bumper up there is one on ebay for $50 ;)
i think im a lesbian trapped in a mans body!!!
rick

Postby scubapro on Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:07 am

Guys the people at Imlachs gave me everything that came off the old ute. Every nut bolt, bracket, wiring harness, all battery leads for winch etc all intact nothing was cut or butchered.

And BEST of all they gave me the front bumper that was already cut so I get to keep me intact in case I need it again.

I tell you these guys are great to deal with. Very professional & knowageable. They even provide a fitting service if I had known about thisbefore hand I would have made arangements to have it fitted, but I was on limited time.

Choady I konw yours is the sahara bar instructions but my I borrow them for a rough guide please? I will definitely return them ASAP. I notice you live in Kellyville so you are not far from me in Greystanes.
scubapro

Postby Choady on Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:28 pm

No worries Scuba. I'll PM you my mobile number and you can drop round to pick them up some time. I will make a copy for you at work tommorrow that you can keep.
Choady

Postby scubapro on Wed May 06, 2009 10:38 am

Choady Thanks for the instructions. It helped a lot.

All the bar work is not sitting on my Red Ute. I just ordered the fancy blinker & fog light inserts from ARB which will allow me to fit the original fog lights to the bar.

Thanks a lot.
scubapro

Postby ratstriton on Wed May 06, 2009 8:11 pm

Hi scubapro
I went to put the triton fog lights into the arb insert's when I had my bar fitted but they have changed the design of the insert's so they wont fit original fog light's. I bought the arb light's i think they cost about $70.00.
ratstriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby scubapro on Thu May 07, 2009 3:33 am

Bugger :evil: I saw the post here on how to fit the original lights so I thought it would be OK. Anyway I will work something out. :roll:
scubapro

Postby Choady on Sun May 17, 2009 6:34 pm

scubapro wrote:Choady Thanks for the instructions. It helped a lot.

All the bar work is not sitting on my Red Ute. I just ordered the fancy blinker & fog light inserts from ARB which will allow me to fit the original fog lights to the bar.

Thanks a lot.

Glad the instructions helped out. How bout some pics of the new bar work in your shed :D
Hey - noticed a photo in your shed of some wiring coming out of a hole under the truck somewhere - whereabouts is the hole and where/what is the wiring for ?
Choady

Postby Bartman on Fri May 22, 2009 4:55 am

Hi. I had small problem during installation of ARB deluxe bar. Plastic bumpers didn't want to fit perfectly (studs in the bumpers have a litlle bit different vertical distance than slots in the bar). It's possible to attach them after all as they are flexible, but they don't lay on the bar too neat (left some slots). Did anybody encounter such problem? By the way , the bumpers have different part number (3162470L/R) that mentioned in the fitting manual (3162466R/L) but ARB claims that there's error in the instruction and my bumpers are correct for the deluxe bar and those mistakely mentioned in the manual are for the sahara bar without upright tubing.
Regards.
Bartman.
Bartman

Postby scubapro on Fri May 22, 2009 12:56 pm

Choady that hole is where the rubber bung was at the rear right passenger feet are. All wireing for the reversing cameras, reversing sensors & radio antenna come up into the cabin throught this hole. I must plug it up now that I have finished installing everything.

Pics I must learn how to put these on. I did manage it when I first joined this site but the system must have changed.

Still working on the electric fan. That I hpe will be tha last change :lol: :lol: :lol:
scubapro

Postby Homer on Fri May 22, 2009 12:57 pm

Looking forward to hearing about the fan Scuba
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Return to Tips & Tricks