Bull Bars

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

Re: Bull Bars

Postby Cyber 09 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:54 pm

We too having same delima. Hubby wants steel for protection, I'm after alloy for looks (but restricted with winch requirement). Anyhow as for the steel don't want the black and am chasing a paint code for the flares on the cyber blue. I hunted high and low, spent nearly all day on the phone with mitsi to find out and no one can help. I have seen a few in the profiles that have colour coded with flares. Can someone help me with the paint colour code????? Pleeeeease!!!!
Cyber 09

Postby Greedy on Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:07 pm

PM NowForThe5th. I think he's done it and he's also in the paint trade
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy!

It ain't pretty being easy!!
Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Cyber 09 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:42 pm

Not sure he has. He's the one showing off the ironman (this is the compromise that we have been looking at but think the grey bottom half is a great deal darker). But with PM incase he knows from paint trade. Thanks
Cyber 09

Postby cyberhonky on Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:21 pm

Dulux Precious Pewter Pearl (powdercoat) wouldn't be far off the colour of the flares
Grammar: Lesson 1- Capitalisation.

Capitalisation (n), is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
cyberhonky
Platinum Subscriber

Postby King Triton on Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:03 pm

NowForThe5th is your man if he does not know it he should be able to get it or tell you where to get it
King Triton

Postby NowForThe5th on Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:31 pm

I can't remember the colour code off the top of my head but it does have the very imaginative name of "grey". Full details are in the computer at work - I'll check it out and post the results.

Yes, I did colour code the bar and it certainly does look a little darker, a result of the textured hammertone finish which creates shadows in each "dimple". On a flat surface the colour was perfect. Next time I'll lighten it a touch to compensate.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby andyj on Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:39 pm

I've got the ARB deluxe and took on roos and goats around ivanhoe and I won even the odd emu (feathers and guts everywhere) just bent the number plate , big hammer solved that problem..

Andyj
Or as Speedy Gonzalez once said, it won't hurt, did it
andyj

Postby NowForThe5th on Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:24 am

OK. The paint code for the wheel arch mouldings is A80. There is an alternate paint code of CSA10080 but it is exactly the same colour. The name of the colour is "Grey".
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby Grover on Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:00 pm

Thanks to you all.

just had an ARB deluxe bar fitted as well as a snorkel, IPF lights and a winch. Got a good deal buying all at once.

Now I have a torneau cover (hard) sports bar and nudge bar that needs a home how best to sell these? I guess flea bay

Grover
Grover

Postby 09tritonvr on Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:52 pm

Hi Guys,

I've seen the question asked in a few threads but can't recall seeing an actual answer....

Do bull bars for the ML come with a template to cut the factory bumper??

I wanna get a bar put on but can't stomach the idea of a 17 year old apprentice at my local 4x4 outlet lookin at the front of my brand new VR scratching his head saying "Where do i start? Bugger it here will do...."

I'm thinking a couple hundred km trip to ARB or TJM in Ballarat or Bendigo may be the go.

Any help much appreciated!!!
09tritonvr

Postby Choady on Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:21 am

The ARB Bar I have fitted comes with comprehensive installation instructions which give all the measurements an installer needs with pictures, but no template to mark with.

Im hearin ya - I wouldn't of even been able to watch them do it to mine :lol: Involves a lot of cutting and you would need the right tools and experience to do a good job i think. Final finish is important when you spend that much money.

I guess it depends on how reputable your 4x4 dealer is......
Choady

Postby subi_man on Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:36 am

Depending on the design of the bullbar, I don't think they are going to care about how neat a the cut is if it's going to be hidden under the bar :?
Click to view larger picture
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby 09tritonvr on Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:40 am

Thanks guys much appreciated.

Decisions, decisions.....
09tritonvr

Previous

Return to Exterior Mods